Buying used Saiga

I've been wanting a Saiga for a while now and found one close to home. But the seller does'nt know much about it, as he bought it used. So what do I need to look for to make sure it is in good shape? This is what it looks like, seller does'nt know who converted it. Thanks in advance.

s122.jpg

Edited by trukreltrog

That's not too bad a price for one already converted but I wouldn't want one with a welded on cyl bore choke. You can get a new one for less than 400, drop $150 worth of parts in it and have a nice conversion with the option to change chokes and muzzle attacments.

thats socandymans on ar-15.com. I've personally seen that shotgun and inspected it in october. Its in good shape however it does have a welded choke. I've spoken with socandyman and can vouch for his character (spelling leaves something to be desired though :))

The funniest thing about it is I think that that is my original saiga that I sold to a FFL so I could get a nonweld 109 and he picked it up. I took good care of it when I had it and only put about 100rds through it. Ask him if he got it from Dualsmoking guns in june or july, if he did, then its my old gun :).

$625 is a decent price for a converted saiga but I'm not sure if hes got his welds done on it. NBD

Howzat!

Edited by Conju