Romanian Side Folder

I was thinking about using a Romanian Side Folding stock as the buttstock for my rifle. They are only $50 and look pretty cool. How difficult is it to attach them to the Saiga receiver? Anyone have any quality issues? Are they Warsaw length?

I've got the Romanian Folder and the Ace folder. Of course the ace is better in virtually every way BUT the Romanian is still a good deal for what you get. An all steal easy to mount rigid stock that folds very small and for a great price. If you want more padding you can buy the strap on leather buttpad. But the cheek weld isn't ever going to be real comfortable.

gallery_128_24_30148.jpg

Edited by KySoldier
I've got the Romanian Folder and the Ace folder. Of course the ace is better in virtually every way BUT the Romanian is still a good deal for what you get. An all steal easy to mount rigid stock that folds very small and for a great price. If you want more padding you can buy the strap on leather buttpad. But the cheek weld isn't ever going to be real comfortable.

gallery_128_24_30148.jpg

Looks good. The length is pretty short, is that stock like 9 inches? How often do you shoot from the shoulder with it, and how would you rate the experience from 1 to 10? According to balance, length, recoil impact and whatever else you can think of... Also, how much does the stock interfere when folded, either when firing, sling around your neck or when in storage/cases?

I really like the idea that it is a very affordable side-folder. Depending on how much I like the polymer KVAR stock I just ordered, I may sell that and go with the Rom.

Yeah the length is short which personally I prefer over the longer American length. When folded it doesn't interfere with anything EXCEPT a drum. As I recall you can't fold all the way with a drum installed. As you probably know it requires you to push a button to fold/unfold it. I wish you could engage the stock without having to press it like the ACE stock. You just pull on it. But then again the ACE is pretty tough to dissengage. Its never going to feel great but its still OK to shoot with. Doens't hurt your face or anything. If you want a stock that you can shoot all day and/or really lay your face down on, you should go with a real wood/polymer stock or the ACE with the optional cheekrest. Recoil wise its fine for the x39 round. I wouldn't put it on a 308 or shotgun myself although I've seen a few on here do that. I can provide more specific pics if needed.

Yeah the length is short which personally I prefer over the longer American length. When folded it doesn't interfere with anything EXCEPT a drum. As I recall you can't fold all the way with a drum installed. As you probably know it requires you to push a button to fold/unfold it. I wish you could engage the stock without having to press it like the ACE stock. You just pull on it. But then again the ACE is pretty tough to dissengage. Its never going to feel great but its still OK to shoot with. Doens't hurt your face or anything. If you want a stock that you can shoot all day and/or really lay your face down on, you should go with a real wood/polymer stock or the ACE with the optional cheekrest. Recoil wise its fine for the x39 round. I wouldn't put it on a 308 or shotgun myself although I've seen a few on here do that. I can provide more specific pics if needed.

no fold with a drum? This is first I've heard of that...not that I'm doubting you since you obviously have the hardware in front of you and I don't.

of course this now changes my buttstock option