Folding stock or telescoping?

I'm gonna piss some people off with this one, but I've always thought the idea of putting an AR stock on an AK was pretty gay.

With a comment like that you must intend to piss some people off. What a dick head.

No, my intent is to bring to light the fact that it's silly to make a "commie/terrorist" weapon look like a US battle rifle. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go paint a huge ford emblem on my chevy.

People who drive Chevy's are latent homosexuals.

Not trying to piss anybody off, but yer' a bunch of homo's. <LOL>

With all DUE respect,

guido2 in Houston

hahahaha

edit: I'm just gonna say "agree to disagree" and bow out of this pissing match gracefully, I'd hate to contribute to "when good threads go bad".

Edited by shaneman153a

What are the benefits of one over the other? I am going to convert my Saiga 12 and don't know which kind of stock I should use. How do you guys like shooting the Saiga 12 with Ace or Lage stocks? Is the Vltor stock for AKs good?

Why one or the other? Why not both? Tony configured my S12 with a folding SOCOM 4 from Ace. Check out on his site - it is the one decked out and featured on his site. A couple of pictures are attached here for you to check out.

post-1817-1168646422_thumb.jpg

post-1817-1168646467_thumb.jpg

What are the benefits of one over the other? I am going to convert my Saiga 12 and don't know which kind of stock I should use. How do you guys like shooting the Saiga 12 with Ace or Lage stocks? Is the Vltor stock for AKs good?

Why one or the other? Why not both? Tony configured my S12 with a folding SOCOM 4 from Ace. Check out on his site - it is the one decked out and featured on his site. A couple of pictures are attached here for you to check out.

If you are the type to choose function, such as length of pull ajustment, over looks go for the AR type of stock. If you do not care about function and are concerned about making your Saiga look "gay" then go with the folder.

With All Due Respect. ;)

Well looks to me like they all make their owners happy. For me the right answer was get one of each. So far that's just fixed AK wood and Ace folder for my big guns. The 410 has the Tapco folder which quickly earned the new name "CRAPCO" folder...don't bother putting on anything bigger than a 410 IMO. Mine broke itself once with no one even around... :eek:

Function over form...yeah I guess, if ARs are your thing. I don't personally care for telescoping stocks and definately agree with Shaneman that those CAR stocks and SAW grips look foolish on an AK but hey, whatever makes you happy! To me converting a Saiga means undoing the horrific injustice and abomination they did to these fine weapons to make the ATF happy so they could be imported and putting them back in their original Russian Kalashnikov configuration. That to me means real AK PGs and AK stocks with AK handguards and the ability to use AK mags. It's an AK not an AR. That being said, that's just my own personal interest in them. If you want to be a utilitarian and design a gun fit your your own personal needs and don't feel blasphemus crossbreeding American and Russian battlerifles go right ahead. I'll just sit back and commend you on doing it for yourself like you want it.

For me though...once a comblock weapon always a comblock weapon...PURELY.