Question from a noobie

Hey All

First off all I would like to say that I'm a big fun of this forum.

I had my Siaga for the past 2 months, before it was my dad's, he didn't use it a lot maybe he put no more then 70 rounds thru it ( he always used Winchester rifled slugs hollow points 2 3/4 in. ) With the gas regulator adjustment in the #2 position, and my question is did that damage my Saiga?

And the other question is one of the pieces in the chamber is loose, enclosed is the photo of the piece of metal that is kinda wobbly.

Thx a lot for any help or answers.

Arthur

post-5185-1169832742_thumb.jpg

That greyish metal chunk is the extractor claw... it shouldnt be "LOOSE" although it is hooked to the bolt which just kinda "floats" in the bolt carrier. It is NOT A rigid part... at least not until it is locked into battery.

if that claw is floppy in there, maybe the spring is broken? not keeping it taught?

just a thought...

:smoke:

With the gas regulator adjustment in the #2 position, and my question is did that damage my Saiga?

And the other question is one of the pieces in the chamber is loose, enclosed is the photo of the piece of metal that is kinda wobbly.

I highly doubt that he damaged it: it takes a ton to really hurt these puppies. That'll really just help to break it in, though I'd suggest throwing in a buffer before prolonged magnum use on gas setting #2.

And you can mess around with the extractor a lot. As long as it grabs the next round, you'll be good to go.

If there was any damage at all it would be on the rear block where the spring retainer slides into the dovetail. If you can remove the recoil spring and field strip the gun then it's fine. I shot my first S-12 with magnums on #2 before I learned better. Kicked the shit outa me. It bashed the rear block to the point where I had to force the recoil spring out with a hammer :rolleyes::bag:

I just used a small file to take off the burrs and it's fine now.

That greyish metal chunk is the extractor claw... it shouldnt be "LOOSE" although it is hooked to the bolt which just kinda "floats" in the bolt carrier. It is NOT A rigid part... at least not until it is locked into battery.

if that claw is floppy in there, maybe the spring is broken? not keeping it taught?

just a thought...

:smoke:

It's not "LOOSE", it's like you said it kinda "floats"

Thx again.