OK, I just put a nice curly maple stock on my long S308, and it's begging me for a scope.

What are my options, and what works best?

I'd go with the 8x POSP but have heard they don't hold zero. Receiver cover mounts seem cheezy and I doubt they would hold up well either. The Ultimak doesn't appear to be set up for saigas. Some of the others are quick attach aluminum.

Doesn't anyone make a rock solid scope+mount or mount for the S308?

Thx

I haven't gotten the general impression that the POSP's don't hold a zero. You DO sometimes have to tighten the spline nut on the underside of the mount to make sure the lever clamps down tight enough to make the connection solid.

the 8x posp's hold their zero fine.

my only complaint about them is how... ummmm... 'parallax-y' they are. you really have to be consistant about where you put your eye.

I noticed that on my 6X when I took off the eye piece.. very hard to stay consistent with it. With the rubber eyepiece it holds zero wonderfully.

the 8x posp's hold their zero fine.

my only complaint about them is how... ummmm... 'parallax-y' they are. you really have to be consistant about where you put your eye.

I agree, I can shoot 1.5 all day long, and my friend will shoot it getting 2 in an inch and a 10" flyer. It goes bad when they pick their head up after the second round and say "no recoil!"

Got the picture on the POSP, but I'm a little wary of shooting a 308 with my head stuffed into an eyecup. How does one avoid getting a shiner with those things? Some of these scopes seem like a good deal, but they are very different, especially the left hand offset models.

Alternately, what's a recommended scope mount?

Got the picture on the POSP, but I'm a little wary of shooting a 308 with my head stuffed into an eyecup. How does one avoid getting a shiner with those things? Some of these scopes seem like a good deal, but they are very different, especially the left hand offset models.

The eye cups are soft rubber and will easily give with recoil, and they are long enough that you won't get a shiner.

The eye cups are soft rubber and will easily give with recoil, and they are long enough that you won't get a shiner.

here's a picture of my 308 with belirus low mount and 54mm scope.

post-1970-1170118171_thumb.jpg

Where's a good place to get that 'low mount'?

WYK

here's a picture of my 308 with belirus low mount and 54mm scope.