Anyone have one of these? What about the Century Arms model? any good?

I built a crossbreed AMD 223 gun and looked at a couple of them at a gun show. the recievers were dimpled in pretty bad around the rivets. (may not hurt anything) the bolt also had tight and loose spots in it. (these can be fixed with a file. the finish looked like my 11 year old done it with krylon, but were not talking a springfield here its an AK.

if you want a Century gun, go with the yugo.

that amd65 is really more of a cross between a '63 and a '65... they did it that way for barrel length legality, but the front sight really ought to be very near the gas block, not in the normal AKM location.

I built one too. Used a flat receiver and a brand new (never issued) parts kit. I tried to build it as a pistol but had some trouble with the local gun shops, ended up building it as a rifle and loving it just as much. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just take your time and pay attention to the instructions, you can't go wrong. Heres a pic of the first fit fully assembled with a Cobra brand trainer mag. You will love this rifle. It is one of the BEST ak configurations ever built!

post-1374-1170214100_thumb.jpg