evil saiga12s question

ok 2 of us just ordered saiga12s and another freind is tryin to tells us that these might be listed under DDs soon(destrutive devices).i think hes reading about all the shorty conversions? anyone hear this? also that they might not be importable anymore? if anyone would no it you guys!!! RON IN P.A. " these are the best thing scince sliced bread"

Edited by ronsandt

Tell him to adjust his tinfoil hat, take a few more hits off the ol' bong... and to relax...

At the time... NO PROBLEMS... NO WORRIES... and none in the forseeable future...

How does that song lyric go?!!? "Par-a-noi-a... Will destroy ya...."

:smoke:

Pulled from FreeRepublic.com, an originalist blog:

Saiga 12-gauge (obviously based upon the Kalashnikov design).

Isn't that an NFA'34 "destructive device"? I thought nasty-looking weapons were limited to bore sizes of 0.499" or less [i.e. either a .410 or maybe a 28-gauge with fixed choke].

To: supercat

Looks like someone found another "loophole"! Anyway, nasty-looking is in the eye of the beholder - I happen to think that the Saiga would look sweet next to my dad's Browning Superposed!

Perhaps the lack of freestanding pistol grip, bayonet lug and flash hider allows it to sneak by, despite the bore diameter.

i had to tell him that they will just be papered like the rest of the stuff i have. He just lost his Akin Accelerator. see you can make a DD but not an MG.hahaha so he wasted a $1k on a stupid .22 wanabe MG when he could have bought another saiga12. ill tell him to take the tin hat off . i dont know where he comes up with these things.

Ok. How about us getting off the DD threads again. This thing has been hashed around so much that a forum search of "destructive device" will give everyone the answer to any question they can think of. I haven't been here that long and I am getting tired of this popping up again and again.

Just my thoughts.

we here have had some, many more, influence in this shotgun NOT becoming a DD so far.

dont worry about it. buy one. it will grandfather to you if it does go DD because of some halfwit anyhow, free of charge. as per the law.