Tromix Buttstock

Hi guys. Longtime lurker here.

I finally decided to post after checking out the Tromix website a little more thoroughly. I'd looked around there before but just as a passing-the-time kinda thing. What caught my eye was the buttstock that Tromix apparently is the sole provider of. I currently have an Ace skeleton stock on my 308 and it's an okay stock except for a bit of wiggle side-to-side. I haven't been able to figure out what caused it to do this as I don't recall noticing it until about 2 weeks after installing it. It appears that the piece at the front of the stock mounts very snugly to the internal block that I installed but the stock itself wiggles about in line with the roll pin that holds it in place.

Basically, after looking at Tromix's stock, I'd like to know how others have found it, quality-wise. It looks to be of one-piece construction and quite sturdy but a picture can only show so much. So, to those of you who have one, what do you think? Should I fire up the email and start bugging Tony?

Thanks in advance.

Barrett

Yeah, I saw that recall and thought maybe I had a defective one at first, too, but the rollpin is there. At least, if it's the roll pin I think they're talking about. What I see is a rollpin through the endcap, running top to bottom (dustcover to pistol-grip). The wiggle is not really all that pronounced, but it's enough to be noticable and irritating.

Also, I noticed that Tromix's buttstocks have what looks like the same type of sling mount that AR collapsible stocks have. I'd been wanting to try out a 3-point sling on my 308 but wasn't sure how to attach it at the buttstock. Unless I'm mistaken, that would solve that particular problem.

Thanks,

Barrett

The Lage (Tromix) stock is currently in it's third iteration...I believe all of it's issues have been resolved. It's our top-selling stock.

I have an Ace on my shorty...I think they look better on an SBS. But the Lage is really better on a full-size gun. The LOP is longer.