HOME MADE 2 SHOT S-12 MAG

I used a piece of 1" pine board as a mag insert to go INSIDE the coil spring and follower body for deer season this winter. I figured it would be easier to just use a mag plugs, than to cut my mag apart and try to hope there is enough material to cut a floorplate groove into. the way i had it in the mag didnt cause any FTF problems or jams, although I did I have to fiddle around to get the spring to compress with the piece of wood inside of it. should only take about five minutes with a small hand saw and sandpaper to make a plug that will work. it was so easy, I just tossed the one I made about two weeks ago, actually.

I have galvanized steel inserts for sale that work great with no binding. PM me if interested, they're only $5.

B you don't have to cut a groove for the FP, you just take out a middle portion of the mag body and then plastic weld the top to the bottom.

Hunter if you decide to do the frankenmag, just make sure you leave enough room inside for the spring base, the compressed spring, follower, and two and a half rounds so you will be able to insert on closed bolt. You can determine how much you need for the spring and all by measuring the difference with it all in and then assemble the mag with no guts and remeasure.

Steel inserts?Where about would they go in the mag body???I see the factory ones and AGP don't have them.....thanks both of ya for the ideas.I figured a little homemade 2 rounder would be sleaker and easier for handling small game like bunny busting.For deer,dove,crow and anything migratory,we need to be plugged to 3 shots total in shotgun now in Ohio.I like the wood block idea but a dedicated hunting mag,2 shot, would be nice but I will not pay the price for an E-bay one.

I only suggested the wood insert because I decided to go hunt at the drop of a dime with the indians and decided to take my s12 out. that was how I accomplised a legal mag on the spot in as much time as it took for the coffee to brew. you definately need to seal the wood from moisture if you plan to keep it in there all season.

Yeah B don't fuck with me or I'll step on your dick! j/k :lolol:

I should add that my mag limiters are not permanent and can be installed or removed in seconds just like the wood block. Advantage is they will last forever, never bind, and don't rattle. I make them for all S-12, 20 and 410 mags including the 8 and ten rdrs if you just want to scare the fuck outa the warden or step on his dick..lol.

I could just do like I do, and have done for years, with so many other things on this forum. That would be just posting a tutorial with pics on how to make your own but damn I think I've given enough time, ideas, and instruction on this forum to deserve to make a few bucks here and there on my own ingenuity and invested time. I've sold quite a few of them as well as the wedge adapters for the S-20 mags to allow both 70mm and 76mm shells.