Just got my fixed stock done on my .223

Well I'm not sure if I am going to mess around with registering my .223 as a pistol with Michigan(anything under 30 inches long with the stock folded needs to be registered), so I made this one out scrap steel. Took a good amount of time to get the welds looking good and smooth (and lots of grinding and sanding), but I made the stock for nothing and it fits me good. One inch steel tube, I think it was one inch square tube that goes in the receiver (3.25 Cm or so). Should be beefy enough to knock doors down if you wanted to, I would see the rifle breaking before the stock.

New stock

Edited by csspecs

That looks pretty good, and considering you made it yourself for nearly nothing, you did damn well. :up:

Looks like with a little modification you could throw on an FSE recoil pad. Maybe some black tube insulation for some type of cheek rest.

Well I'm not sure if I am going to mess around with registering my .223 as a pistol with Michigan(anything under 30 inches long with the stock folded needs to be registered), so I made this one out scrap steel. Took a good amount of time to get the welds looking good and smooth (and lots of grinding and sanding), but I made the stock for nothing and it fits me good. One inch steel tube, I think it was one inch square tube that goes in the receiver (3.25 Cm or so). Should be beefy enough to knock doors down if you wanted to, I would see the rifle breaking before the stock.

New stock

Dang that looks good. Almost like a Valmet M62

Valmet M62

Edited by Longhunter-CO

New stock

That looks cool ! It does have a valmet look to it.