Saiga on "Shooting USA", USPSA Multi-gun Champs

Was watching my TiVo'd Shooting USA last night, it was the 2006 USPSA Multi-Gun Championship, and lo and behold, in one of the transition pieces, there was Saiga probably 12, with a blue (yes, blue) 10+ rd mag and blue handguard! I thought maybe it was a rifle, so I "rewound" and no, the guy set the Saiga down to pick up an AR-variant.

None of the top 3 used one, so that was the only time I saw it. tho.

Bill

(Or am I wrong?)

Nope I saw it too and even in my semi delusional state I thought I might of been hallucinating. I didn't catch the guys name. The mag was blue but it to me (in my semi-awake state) didn't look like a 10 but rather a grafted 8 (or maybe a regular 8)

take that last part with a large grain of salt

Nope I saw it too and even in my semi delusional state I thought I might of been hallucinating. I didn't catch the guys name. The mag was blue but it to me (in my semi-awake state) didn't look like a 10 but rather a grafted 8 (or maybe a regular 8)

take that last part with a large grain of salt

Personally, I think the USPSA crowd has it right. Inject color into a competition firearm, compete in brightly colored clothes and it doesn't come off all "mall ninja" to the sheeple, and it doesn't raise fears that we are practicing for crimes ....

Reminds me of the mags that Wakal used to make, and that aweful PINK S12 (Alex, you can call it red all you like, but on my monitor it was pink hehehehe.)

Hey, don't hang that one on me. My friend Fred painted his Saiga all by himself. Built the cool mid-barrel comp, too :)

Saiga12_Fred.JPG

MY Saigas are black, but the Hello Kitty stickers make them a friendly sort of black ;)

Alex

I will be at the CTI Shotgun match if they have it this year, with my son Eric, I hope we can get a big showing for TEAM SAIGA this year, Cobra hint, hint.

RonSwin said he would go. I plan to talk to Kmoore at the 3 gun tomarrow. It would be great if we could show up at a match like that in force and be extremely competitive.

Edited by topmaul

I'll be back in The World by then (and have already sent in my application), so at least one Master will be Saiga'ed. At least three "A" from San Angelo (including Fred and his "pink" gun) as well...should be interesting!

Looking forward to meeting Tony in person and perhaps ordering a shorty 'room broom' :)

Alex