Shotgun Compliance parts (922r)

I've done a lot of Saiga conversions and now want to do a 12ga if the ban expires. But the import law (922r) will never expire, so I'm wondering what will have to be done with the Saiga shotgun.

Does the 10-or-less game apply to imported shotguns?

If so, the gas piston can't be replaced by a US made part, so what do you reccomend?

Thanks for any advice or links you can provide.

Thanks for the reply. I just wasn't sure about shotguns.

My issue is that I have so many I want to convert that I can't afford to spend $40.00 per Tapco US trigger group for them all. That's the cheapest I've found the US made FCGs. Red Star Arms FCGs are about $80.00 ea.

Does anyone know of any cheaper ones?

would the saiga12 become a domestic firearm if you replaced the reciever with one either made from a flat stamp or pre-bent us made reciever? or do you need to do that plus get the parts count down as well? or what? i thought that ten round thing was a imported magazine issue, as you can buy colt 20-30 round mags made last week off the shelf.

even if i stamped my metal to # specfic whatever? well if its still got to be stamped to import #, then why cant i just rebuild or build up a good gun to this specification? (12 gauge).....im not seeing my state as letting up on the AWB, and i might have to build around any laws that come up. I still would think.....if i folded my own metal, dont stamp S#$T, do whatever the heck i want, this gun could be 10 rounds......i dont get it. why is there a damn loophole? it shouldnt be there, and if it is, its to OUR benefit, NOT uncles sam's , or the criminal's.....since when does the exception work for only the crook? give me a break, this gun should be legal for 10 rounds +pg +folder +detach mag +lead shot.......-steel rounds -sabot -auto sear..........go figure.........the law is for the lawless...........

Misinformation makes my head hurt.

A Saiga shotgun after the ban would be legal with restricted features as long as the lengths are ok and there are 10 or less imported parts from THE LIST. Receiver counts as one. It's one of the hardest to replace. Replace FCG, P-grip, and buttstock and you're good. Make your own forend and there's another if you choose to. Not sure how you'd get a piston for it, but Krinkov may be a possibility.

Other parts that would count would be magazine follower, floorplate, and body.

There is no difference whether the receiver is foreign or not as long as it's in the country and legal. Only way it might have any effect is to be importable at all, which is why we see MAK-90 and other semi AK parts kits.