saiga 20 report

Got my saiga 20 today from G3 . Good deal and a stand up guy. So here is the report.

2 + boxes of 2 3/4 long brass remington buckshot (30 rounds give or take)

2 fte...........................

0 ftf............................

1 trigger slap...............

1 bad rasberry on shoulder

1 large smile on my face

I can tell I need more mags. Also This may have been tried here. Im cutting the upper bracing off a cetme mag, the front mag catch off a AK mag and the rear tang off the mag. Im pretty sure this will work. If it does im in like flint . I have 20 plus cetme mags. Anyone tried this? Unless im missing something this will work. ok ok I used the search button.

I see im not the only one to go down this cetme mag . road :) like others Ill take tony's word on it.

Edited by will36
Dude when you start tryin to get inventive with mags and mag parts you find out just how important feed angle is!

Congrats on the new family member! :super:

I guess Ill just cut up 2 mags and panel bond them together. I glue cars together with that shi# so I know it will hold.

I see im not the only one to go down this cetme mag . road :) like others Ill take tony's word on it.

just b/c others have failed doesn't make it impossible. just makes it a huge headache at a minimum, and impossible at a maximum. but don't let that stop you from giving it the good ol' college try.

just b/c others have failed doesn't make it impossible. just makes it a huge headache at a minimum, and impossible at a maximum. but don't let that stop you from giving it the good ol' college try.

I have sooooooo many irons in the fire right now. If it was going to be pretty easy I was going to give it a try. I may try when I have more time. The mags are not going anywhere. Even thought about cutting a plastic mag and attaching it to 2 welded cetme mags . angle problems solved. I have a plasma cutter, mig, and a tool box full of tools and 100's of choices of bonding agents to put it all together.

just sent a email for addy to mail M/O for 4 mags and have one coming. :) This place is worst than a crack house!

since my first stumble in here. I have bought a saiga 20, 5 mags , ordered a SBR , sending off my class3 papers ,and now cutting up a gun I just got today. Anyone know where I can go to pick up some beer cans to sell?????

Glad everything worked out for you. I'm surprised at the mention of trigger slap, I've never seen that with a G2 trigger group.

FTEs are not unheard of breaking in an unfired Saiga-20. Maybe try the different gas port settings?

It only did it one time BUTTTTTTT im 100% sure thats what it was :) when it happends you know it. Shot another box out of it on our lunch hour with zero problems.