Disassembly of Saiga manufactured mag

I meant that I can't get the plate off.

I've been trying to the get the base plate off the magazine that came with my Saiga, and I can barely get it to budge. It will move a couple of millimeters ( I'm using metric because that's how little it will move) and then just stop. NO matter how much I push out or down, I can't get it to move anymore. I even tried to pry it out towards the end of the mag and it won't go.

Am I missing something? :huh:

Edited by Shootin's Fun

I've been trying to the get the base plate off the magazine that came with my Saiga, and I can barely get it to budge. It will move a couple of millimeters ( I'm using metric because that's how little it will move) and then just stop. NO matter how much I push out or down, I can't get it to move anymore. I even tried to pry it out towards the end of the mag and it won't go.

There is a button in the middle of it that people don't see right away because it looks like the sprue that you would expect to see on something that is injection molded. Push that in like you would on a regular mag and you'll see what happens.

Are you pushing the little round tab on the floor plate in. If so and it is just that tight. Try an allen wrench, one small enough to fit through the hole and use it for some leverage.