Bullet guide.....

I take it that the .308 does not need an aftermarket bullet guide to use the 24rd. mags from CDNN?

I've been thinking about getting one of these, and the question came up when I checked out the chamber.

I take it that the .308 does not need an aftermarket bullet guide to use the 24rd. mags from CDNN?

I've been thinking about getting one of these, and the question came up when I checked out the chamber.

The S-308 is designed with the bullet guide intergrated into the front of the magazine, as are the other Saiga rifles. But the .308 is unique in that there is not enough room in front of the chamber to install an AK-like bullet guide. Also, there anen't many mags that will function in the S-308 without some serious modification to either the mag or the front trunion or both. As long as you stick with factory Saiga 8-rounders or FBMG 20-rounders, no other bullet guide is needed. If you modify another mag to fit the S-308, you either need to build-up or add a bullet guide on the front of the mag or add one to the breech end of the mag well (and there is not a lot of room to work with there)...

I have been all through my CDNN catalog and their web site and I can find no reference to ANY Saiga mags, much less any 24-rounders... Got a link?

Edited by macbeau
Two things:

1) Is anyone thinking of making a 15rd mag for the unfortunate residents of NJ?

2) Why the HELL didn't I join the Air Force? Holy Shnikes!!!!!

With the guys "welding" two 12guage mags together successfully, I don't see why you NJ guys could not get a 20 rnd. cut down to 15rds and then re-welded.

I have been all through my CDNN catalog and their web site and I can find no reference to ANY Saiga mags, much less any 24-rounders... Got a link?

Well, they're .308 magazines for Galils......soooo...yeah :unsure: S.308 newb...

By the way, what does FBMG stand for?

Edited by jStat

Well, they're .308 magazines for Galils......soooo...yeah :unsure: S.308 newb...

By the way, what does FBMG stand for?

I think you're looking at the pair of 12rd .308 Galil mags for $39.99 (not one 24 round magazine...). They'd still require a bunch of modification to run in a S-308. Whew! No problem - that just got me all hot and bothered there for a minute.

FBMG = Fuzzy Bunny Movie Guns. ...And, yes, they are a real company with real products. I highly recommend their 20-round mags. No mods are needed to either the rifle or the mag for them to function - just plug & play, as it were. However, if you use them, ya gotta play the 10-or-less-imported-parts game (18 USC 922 and 925 stuff)... (BTW - You get 2 U.S. parts with FBMG mags.)

Edited by macbeau