21-22", which bullet weight does yours prefer?

I had my Saiganov out, playing at the 100 yd line. With SA Surplus (168? not sure) I had it dialed pretty well with the 6X PSOP. Basically drilled a single hole with 5 shots.

Swapped to try some American Eagle 150 grain my Swiss rifle likes, and POI jumped about 1.5 inches higher. Group wasn't as tight either.

Seems like it likes the heavier bullet, or the AE was loaded hotter. Sounded hotter, but no diff in recoil.

What does yours like (long barrel)

FYI, off a bench/sand bag, this thing will be a one hole shooter. Still have to fine tune the scope to get a perfect match, for elevation.

Mine LOVED the 146 grain Australian surplus. The bandoliers were very well made too. ;)

It should also run wonderfully with 175 SMKs. It seemed to before.

I've had varying results with alot of stuff because the stock didn't fit me, scope mounts failed, scopes failed, surplus ammo became expensive/started coming from wierd places, and I lost alot of faith in my own ability. So, that's where it stands now. I've got a stock-set in the works, coming from our very own BRG3. I've got a Bushnell Elite 10x40 scope. As soon as I have the stock-set on/looking good, I'm going to go about replacing the bolt carrier and gas piston. I might even do some trigger work.

We'll see where it stands after that.

I started shooting with Federal Gold Medal match grade (168 grain also) and got her dialed in nicely, then switched to some S.A. surplus stuff (not sure on weight but lighter) was considerably higher. But once dialed in on the surplus, nice tight groups again. She runs well on both, just need to change the dope!

I shoot offhand mostly-haven't found anything that isn't accurate enough. However I don't shoot Indian!

pakistani, PriviPartizan(Wolf Gold),Australian,Portugese, no problem. The cheapest i have found is Silver Bear, but that is in the mail-I will tell more after shooting some.