WTK:Converting a Saiga 20 ga. to a pistol grip

Jeff, at this time, it is an illegal modification to add a pistol grip to a detachable magazine shotgun. This is due to Section 922v which will expire Sept. 13. After Sept. 13, you will be able to add folding stocks, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, etc. to "domestically produced" firearms. The Section 922r law will not sunset and that bans the addition of the same features on any foreign made firearms, but due to a "loophole" in the law, you must add a number of parts to remove the gun from being considered foreign made. Once this requirement is met, then the desired features can be added to the firearm. Usually, on AK rifles, these parts are the trigger, hammer, and disconnector; stock, forearms, pistol grip; and followers and floorplates; or gas piston or other parts. Since it is still illegal to add a pistol grip to a detachable mag shotgun, there has been no market for American made parts for the shotguns, but I'm willing to bet that after Sept., we'll see some domestically produced parts so that we can convert the guns to their original configuration, with the folding stock. With the current parts offered on the market, you could move the trigger back to its original location, using an American made hammer, trigger, and disconnector, use an American made pistol grip and buttstock, whether it be a fixed or folder and meet the requirements that will be necessary AFTER Sept. 13. But hopefully we'll see at least one more part offered, such as a gas piston, so that we can add the original Russian folding stock and keep that profile like it should be. Did I miss anything guys? All this can be a little confusing, we are talking about the U.S. government's (Bill Clinton's) logic here! :rolleyes: Hope this helps-AKATTACK

if the law erases from the books, (i somehow doubt thats going to actually happen...local state laws will be enacted in most states), there is a forum member that is offerring to do the conversions......

Jeff, if I remember correctly, Chris at AK USA had told a member of AK-47.net that he would be doing conversions. It might be a little costly, but I hear that he does EXCELLENT work. Here's a link to his website: AK-USA.

Here's another tutorial website for handling the conversion, if you are inclined to attempt it yourself: Saiga Conversion. Converting a shotgun would require a little variation of the conversion done to a rifle.

The other laws that Bvamp is refering to are laws that certain liberal states have passed on the state level to extend the AWB. AKATTACK

Edited by AKATTACK

here is the thread in this forum from Messiah Jones....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1505

the other laws i refer to have been implemented in a couple of states, and in some other states, are keeping it REALLY quiet. they want to spring it on us here, but the word is out already. we shall see IF the ban lifts, what states do what. should be plenty interesting as well as aggrivating for some of us that will be affected in this forum.

Edited by Bvamp