Converting forend to AK style

When I got the conversion done on my .223 all I got done was the trigger group, butt-stock, grip, bullet guide, all that stuff... At the time I didn't want to convert the forend over to the traditional AK style. Now I feel more confident in doing it myself and am wanting to 'get er done'.

I am sure this has been posted and re-posted, but can someone give me the link or any personal tips on the best way to do this.

The only time I have to get on the internet is at work, so the time I have to look is limited. Sorry, I know I am asking you all to do the leg work for me.

Thanks!

Bro the dinzag way is easy for a beginer plus no really

any guns smith at all, one thing I have look

into some mod Saiga front hand guards

and you can really make it look cool

hey is not written rule what you use on your gun at

all.

To tell the truth I just got rid of my .223 and thinking

that the next one I will just mod the original hand guard

and leave it were it is.

I sold my buddy one of the 2-Piece ones just so he can switch back & forth.

Normally we rip 'em apart right off the bat, but he has a VPG & tac-rails on his factory HG & then a regular set of AK handguards for the clean look.

edited to add:

Nothing looks better than the real-deal though...

Edited by dinzag

To tell the truth I'm kind of liking the stock forend right now. That may change once it's converted though. I believe I will get the forearm adapter when I order the bullet guide from Dinzag just so I can try it both ways. I wish the stock forearm was available in different colors. I kind of like the looks of the olive drab stock/pg that K-var sells but it would look odd with black forearm.

Guntoter

To tell the truth I'm kind of liking the stock forend right now. That may change once it's converted though. I believe I will get the forearm adapter when I order the bullet guide from Dinzag just so I can try it both ways. I wish the stock forearm was available in different colors. I kind of like the looks of the olive drab stock/pg that K-var sells but it would look odd with black forearm.

Guntoter

Bro is not for nothing, but clean your stock with 95% alcohol and paint it

with duracoat, on any color you want, duracoat had stick to my

plastic stuff like flies to shit after bake it on oven at 100 degrees

for like one hour, at list on my plastic stuff and dont peal off

or get fuck by solvents or anything like cheap paint.

I use alcohol because some plastics will dont take MEK or Acetone

to good and will some times melt stuff, but I dont remenber if

I clean the hand guards with acetone or just use alcohol at list 95% pure

to let it become air born and dont leave residuo on the material been clean.

Edited by vjor

Thanks Vjor,

Seriously considered that before but I haven't had much luck getting paint to stick to plastic. If you've had good results from Duracoat then I need to give it a try. When you say "95% Alcohol" do you mean Denatured Alcohol or Isopropyl? I've got everything I'd need to apply the stuff in my shop so I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Guntoter

P.S. WTH is up with "email notification"? I only get a notice of reply on about a third of the threads I've posted in.