Removing Freaking Fire Control Pins

In Shiek's Conversion tutorial he says "Remove the permanent fire control pins by pushing them out right to left. You should not have to force them. If they bind a little, pry or pull them out from the left side."

Is there some secret to getting these damn things out? I can't get them out, even prying the head with a screwdriver.

If the shiek's tutorial isn't clear enough you should try a few of the other ones. Mine in particular goes into a lot of detail specifically because the other ones are vague in places. That's why it's so long winded.

You ave to drill them first.

In Shiek's Conversion tutorial he says "Remove the permanent fire control pins by pushing them out right to left. You should not have to force them. If they bind a little, pry or pull them out from the left side."

Is there some secret to getting these damn things out? I can't get them out, even prying the head with a screwdriver.

Which gun are you talking about? I don't remember if the 308 has the 2 pins in front of the True firecontol pins. I sent my 308 to Tromix. So my 308 is the only one I didn't do my self. The 5.56 has the pins. But the 308 is a different beast.! The stock 308 has the wierdest trigger ever that is why I sent the gun to tromix ,just to get rid of the crappy trigger group. If the 308 doesn't have the 2 remost pins like the rest. Simply remove the spring on the left hand side that is holding the pins in place. All Ak have a sping or shepards hook to hold the firecontrol pins in place. If you don't remove the spring you can't remove the pins and so forth.

yea like moose said, you need to pull the retainer spring off first. i didn't realize it either when I did my conversion. once that thing is off they should pull right out. getting it back on is the real fun part. use an E-clip or get the RSA retainer or something similar. you can re-use the spring, its just a pain in the ass

Make sure you've either removed or pushed the FCG pin retaining wire out of the way before you try to remove the pins. It's easy to overlook that the first time.
Bingo! You're right, Cobra, that guide can be vague in places, like this place. There is no mention of removing the shepherd's hook. I think I'll get the retainer plate shepherd hook replacement thing when I order the RSA VEPR .308 trigger group so I don't have to fight with getting that spring back in.

Thanks for the info, you guys rock!