who sold there saiga??

"pretty good" , Bill , go back and look at that again [closely ] . Nothing blends . The forearm is set up wrong . I don't even want to talk about the stock . It looks like someone took part of an idea , got 1/2 way into it and just said "good'nuff" . Bet a dollar the forearm retainer pop's open after 3 shot's ;) .

BUYER BEWARE! - I have both Saiga's AND Galil's (and have owned Norinco's (plural) in .223, and a Valmet (.223), and an FNC's (.223) and a Hungarian AK, and a Romanian AK, and a Polish AK and a Czech AK - in 7.62x39) and I have never heard of or seen this conversion before, until now... I have also never heard of "Don's" either. (I've been doing this since 1986 and I can tell you that the stock doesn't fold on "Don's" version). If had for $500 or less, it might be worth the trouble to get and fix and work reliably, given all the other crap that comes with it, but DO expect some work to be done & count yourself lucky if it's reliable, as received. The Galil mags are a nice feature and it has a Galil Forearm on it, but he doesn't mention U.S. parts or reliability.

The one statement that has me concerned is - "After taking one out to the range and putting it through it's paces I was impressed. " Hmmmmm..... He has more than one?.

Again - Caveat Emptor!!!!

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau
"pretty good" , Bill , go back and look at that again [closely ] . Nothing blends . The forearm is set up wrong . I don't even want to talk about the stock . It looks like someone took part of an idea , got 1/2 way into it and just said "good'nuff" . Bet a dollar the forearm retainer pop's open after 3 shot's ;) .

I have been off work since 4pm . IM bored and a little deep in the gun cleaner. ok more than a little.

I have been off work since 4pm . IM bored and a little deep in the gun cleaner. ok more than a little.

:) That "gun cleaner " sounds like a damn good idea . Waiting on the help to finish blasting , then I got to paint . Think it'll be time for a little gun cleaner myself after that ;)

LOL , you guys are something, I guess for the parts it may be worth

to buy it, and re finish it like it supossed to be done.

I mean for about 400 or 500 bucks.

Edited by vjor

ever drink tooooooooo much and wake up next to a ugly fat chick?

Im thinking this is what is happening to me tonight.

...Waiting on the help to finish blasting , then I got to paint . Think it'll be time for a little gun cleaner myself after that ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I would add 'gun cleaner' on top of a good dose of 'paint.' Been there, done that (don't try it at home, boys & girls ;>). Frankly, it makes the beer taste funny...

;>)

:) That "gun cleaner " sounds like a damn good idea . Waiting on the help to finish blasting , then I got to paint . Think it'll be time for a little gun cleaner myself after that ;)

careful that stuff is murder coming back up :)

LOl nope I havent, damn bro that really must sucks, LOL

but I guess even ugly fat chicks need some loving too.

Edited by vjor

LOl nope I havent, damn bro that really must sucks, LOL

but I guess even ugly fat chicks need some loving too.

lol I dont do fat chicks either. :)

But my favorite T shirt reads

"BEER" helping fat chicks get laid for 200 years