BR's Weblog - Articles primarily on the RKBA

This has been linked to before, but I figured one thread for the whole weblog, bumped occasionally when there's an update, would make sense.

These are articles written by me to be used as a resource in your discussions defending the RKBA. Generally these give a slightly different slant than what we're used to, often turning the other side's logic against them or exhaustively refuting their claims. To most of us they're preaching to the chior.

They probably won't convince the craziest leftists, but thoughtful people whose awareness of gun related issues could be improved could benefit. They aren't aimed at one of the two political parties, but at legislation and ideas.

If you want to share them, feel free to share them via print or E-mail. Be sure that you print the copyright info at the bottom. If you want to post them on another forum or weblog, be sure to include the link to the original gunandgame.com entry. If you want to cite it in your writing, contact me for my academic credentials. If you think it would fit a publication, contact me to discuss the matter.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/blogs/vie...g.php?userid=32

• 1 month later...

My best response to anti-gunners.

FACTS:

1. The Marine Corps is the oldest branch of the Armed Services. they predate the Army and the Navy.

2. They were origionally put on PRIVATEERS. (Privately owned warships).

Question:

If Americans did not own weapons of war-up to and including warships, WHERE did the ships come from? And what "sporting pourpose" did they serve?

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Apr 17 2007, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My best response to anti-gunners.

FACTS:

1. The Marine Corps is the oldest branch of the Armed Services. they predate the Army and the Navy.

2. They were origionally put on PRIVATEERS. (Privately owned warships).

Question:

If Americans did not own weapons of war-up to and including warships, WHERE did the ships come from? And what "sporting pourpose" did they serve?

Good question!

Yeah, me too. I think the Continental Army came before the creation of the Marine Corps. :unsure:

Remember, Spain had the most formidable Navy on the planet at the time the new colonies came into fruition.

Edited by Gaddis