folding saiga stock

I have seen one of these stocks at AIM for $120, and was thinking of getting it, as it is a very cheap way to convert my gun. Does anyone out there have expereince with these, and are they OK? They are supposed to just pop right on, thus you need not go thru all the conversion stuff, but I am wondering if the fit is OK

I do not have any shooting experience, but I can share my oppinion of them.

I ordered the russian made folding stock, which is probably the one you are talking about and ended up returning it.

The construction of the stock and pistol grip itself is very nice, tough, high quality materials. However, by adding it, since it is Russian made, it DOES require a 922r conversion to stay compliant/legal. The reason I sent it back is that after ordering it I read around some more and decided to just do a conversion instead since it would be cheaper and more interesting. Other user comments indicated that with that particular stock/grip the balance of the rifle just seemed off, which :devil:once you look at the pictures a little bit becomes more o bvious. The full conversion ends up with the pistol grip being a few inches further up the body of the gun, whereas that stock simply drops the pistol grip on right at the end of the gun.

So, if you are just looking for something that fits and is absolutely the least amount of work and may result in a non-compliant gun, then the stock is okay. However, if you are at all interested in doing a full conversion I think thats the better way to go. Keep in mind that these are my mostly unsubstantiated opinions and that while I plan on doing a conversion I have not done it yet, so I am all talk in the end : )

Keep in mind that these are my mostly unsubstantiated opinions and that while I plan on doing a conversion I have not done it yet, so I am all talk in the end : )

Actually, you've got first-hand experience with the folding stock in question, and that's worth it's weight in gold. I've never even seen one...