A stupid question is the one you don't ask, but this is going to s

I just bought a Saiga 7.62 Carbine and I haven't even had a chance to clean it yet, so I haven't had it apart yet.

I have taken down a WASR-10 and I am going to assume (okay I know the joke, something about an ass and ) that the Saiga carbine and the WASR have much in common?

1.) Do the WASR and Saiga carbine have a similar receiver?

2.) What if I want to add a grip behind the trigger, and that is all I want to do. With points and what is legal not considered (just for the sake of the question) how difficult is it to add the grip?

3. Does anyone make a bolt on assembly for an unmodified Saiga that has the grip and buttstock as just one bolt on, or attaches in one piece) that is made out of wood? Sort of like the new Saiga Folding Buttstock thats a polymer.

Thanks a lot in advance, and please know that I am always open to criticism.

louielouie (just joined the forum today)

I just bought a Saiga 7.62 Carbine and I haven't even had a chance to clean it yet, so I haven't had it apart yet.

I have taken down a WASR-10 and I am going to assume (okay I know the joke, something about an ass and ) that the Saiga carbine and the WASR have much in common?

1.) Do the WASR and Saiga carbine have a similar receiver?

2.) What if I want to add a grip behind the trigger, and that is all I want to do. With points and what is legal not considered (just for the sake of the question) how difficult is it to add the grip?

3. Does anyone make a bolt on assembly for an unmodified Saiga that has the grip and buttstock as just one bolt on, or attaches in one piece) that is made out of wood? Sort of like the new Saiga Folding Buttstock thats a polymer.

Thanks a lot in advance, and please know that I am always open to criticism.

louielouie (just joined the forum today)

Hi Louie, welcome to the forum where your addiction begins :)

#1 Reciver is either really really close or the same (i think the same, once you take off the "trigger plate" that the saiga comes into the country with)

#2 By adding a grip behind the current trigger location...Other than the factory polymer folder I'm not sure how you could do that. That being said its not 922r complaint so putting that on makes your parts count tougher. IF you move the whole Fire control group (also known on the boards here as "converted") you can use any AK pistol grip. The "conversion" isn't hard to do if you can use basic hand tools and have a dremel is a big plus. There are many different specifics that you can do but the basic conversion can be found in the Tech Section. Its not as hard as it looks, and there are lots of people to ask questions so search the board here before asking

#3 BattlerifleG3 (a member on the board here) makes wood stock for unmodified saigas, I don't think it will have a true pistol grip though it would be more of a thumbhole style, you can talk to him and look into what he offers over on the For Sale thread.

The Tech Section (hidden in the Guestbook area) and the sticky thread at the top of this area (for your parts count should you decide on the conversion) are good places to start to look around.

scoutjoe,

Thank you for the clear and concise answer. It was what I thought, but having looked it over more (in the tech section that you pointed out) it doesn't seem so scary.

I really do thank you and I hope to someday be able to answer questions as well as ask them.

louielouie

scoutjoe,

Thank you for the clear and concise answer. It was what I thought, but having looked it over more (in the tech section that you pointed out) it doesn't seem so scary.

I really do thank you and I hope to someday be able to answer questions as well as ask them.

louielouie

No prob there Louie, I was once new to the board also these guys actually saved my butt because the dealer I got my x39 off of had a 30rd, 40rd stick and a 75 rd NLFD (non linear feed device) that had all been modified to go into a stock x39. Found my way here, saw the light and then started looking around for the conversion parts

And Indy's right on about that whole information bit I could probally get a college minor in AK's but i don't think Penn State offers one at this time :rolleyes: