Hi guys, new here

Hi guys. After lurking here for a while as I researched the Saiga .410, I thought i better join. Got the gun last night, brand new at Dunhams, for the bargain price of $199.00. Unreal, all the 'real' gun shops in town, who I do like to patronize, wanted $300 for the same thing. I just cannot justify not taking advantage of 33% off retail.

I had questions about the choke thread protector, but found answers this morning by doing a search. Had more questions about where to buy a set of chokes, but found that answer as here, here on your informative site.

But obviously, as I begin to shoot and explore the inners mysteries of this firearm, other questions will develope. I just wanted to do the courtesy of introducing myself first.

I bought the gun for hunting, mostly rabbits and early season squirrels.

Scout

That weapon should serve your purpose well then, and you may be able to avoid the legal headache of converting/modifying anything if you just want to hunt. The administrator on here is Makc and he doesn't chime in much. If you feel like a question might be redundant and don't want to post it, private message one of us guys who are frequently on here and we'd be gald to help.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome.

What a great firearm! Shot it at the range Saturday, and what the hell, it was so much fun, again Sunday. Works flawlessly. Lemme get this straight... I paid $200 for a semi-auto .410? Unreal.

I continue to enjoy reading all of you guys' back posts. Lots of good info here. I thank you for it.

Phil

Gr8Scout: welcome. you need to look into the 12 or 20 gauge saigas. my 12 is the funnest gun ive had ever i think. 300 bucks? i said the same thing. "you have to be kidding me right? give me three of them" you should be able to not only get a rabbit or two, but the whole dang bunch of em :) just can beat the bang for the buck, and its reliable as all hell to boot. if you shoot a lot, you might think of picking up the 12. trap loads by the case are almost the same price as reloading them yourself, so it should be cheaper than your 410 to have a blast fest with. good luck, and dont be afraid to ask these guys something if you have a question. just watch out for the argements :) we can get outta control with them sometimes, as you probably have seen already :) but like ive said before, why bother talking if you are censored? great forum. hope it helps ya.