Shortest buttstocks for a conversion?

I've got short arms, and want to be able to bring the rifle in close while still keeping the stock at my shoulder. What are good options for short American made buttstocks?

I like the paratrooper-style metal skeleton buttstocks, but I'm open to hearing about the other styles too, including the dragunov styles.

Thanks.

the regular AK furniture that you would be converting over to is actually quite short. So short, that I am going to change my SAR's stock I think to something longer. I would think that the regular old AK setup should be short enough for you.

I absolutely love the american furniture on my VEPR K... It's the synthetic fiberglass stuff but the pistol grip is the same one used on the Robinson Arm M96! The buttstock is considered "ugly" by a lot of people, but I feel that it's very American looking (almost tubular design) but the rear pad needs a whole lot of work. Instead of serrations - they should have installed some type of recoil pad for better grip and cushioning.

Anyhow...

Check your state laws for what size you can use!

I.e. in Michigan, if you have a barrel that is 16" or longer, you cannot get a telescoping or folding stock that would put your overall rifle length below 26" when the stock is contracted/folded. If this occurs (sub 26" length with the stock folded/contracted/shortened) your rifle is now a "Short Barreled Rifle" and this is prohibited in the state of MI.

However, if your overall length is over 26" - you can use a folding/telescoping/shortened stock!

Your state laws may vary, but check them. I found a good listing for MI laws on www.packing.org

Just as a further example:

In MI, if I have a VEPR II (20.5" barrel) and I get a folding stock, the overall length is greater than 26" (legal). However, if I have a VEPR K (16.5" barrel), and I get a folding stock, the overall length is less than 26" (not legal with folding stock).

• 3 weeks later...