Vortex Style FH for the 308 or 7.62x39

Hey guys I see that there might be a need for a FH for the saiga 308. I can make the Vortex Style in 14x1 LH 1/2"x28 14x1 RH 5/8x 24 9/16x24 RH 9/16x24 LH Hers a photo or two.All FH are US made and are made out of 4140 steel and come parked.Size 7/8"OD x 2 3/4" long.Just let me know.Thanks.Rick.

Edited by rick-16
So glad to see you back! Wasn't able to find you for a while. There is a very strong chance I could go for one of those threaded for a Metric FAL. A price would be great, privately or publicly.

I'm a happy owner of a four pronged FH by Rick-16.

Hi and Thanks. The plane fh is $35.00 shipped. The tapered fh is $37.95 shipped and shipping is P Mail 2 to 3 days.Paypal or MO.Thanks.Rick.

• 1 month later...

Nothing wrong with making a brake for the .308 Saiga......but.....I wondered why you don't at least get the internal/external dimensions somewhat close to the Vortex (or Nil-flash) brake, if your going to call it Vortex style........?

The Nil-Flash brake worked super well, the Vortex works pretty well.........

If your going to go to all the trouble to machine brakes, why not get close such that the brake actually does what it should.....inherent in the design etc.

The Vortex brakes are available from Brownells for 30 cal ......in the proper threads. It's what I have on my 7.62x39 Tromix Saiga.

Just wondered.

Paul