Hi-some dumb Questions

Hi ,first post after looking for about a year.

Im from New Zealand so please bear in mind that our laws are not the same as the states so I do not have to comply with parts counts :rolleyes:

I have a s12 with the sporter stock and screw on chokes and I would like to convert it to a suported pg(have to suport by law) with a poly choke.

*Do I have to get a new fg or can I just shift the one It came with?

*Will a brake help? or is it just a look thing on a 12g

*If a brake helps can one be used with a poly choke?

Thanks

*Do I have to get a new fg or can I just shift the one It came with?

*Will a brake help? or is it just a look thing on a 12g

*If a brake helps can one be used with a poly choke?

Welcome to the addition.

1) You're probably best off getting a new FCG. I am fairly sure that the old one won't work without some modifications. If you can do the modifications, then you're good, but it's probably just as easy to get a new one.

2) A brake helps some, I've still not heard many reports on how much.

3) You can get one of Tromix's vented Poly-chokes, but it won't be that effective besides as a flash-hider and to look cool. His shark brakes will help a bit more, but haven't been designed for use with a poly-choke.

I'm waiting until summer, and then I will have a custom tank brake made specifically to integrate with a poly-choke. Between the brake's added weight and design, it should significantly reduce recoil. If it works as well as I hope, I'll run off a set and have them up for sale by summer's end.

good luck on getting gun parts shipped from the U.S , Ive tried and cant get anyone to ship a bayonet for my mosin nagant m44 ,

If you do give me a PM cause im in the same boat

do you mean thumbhole stock when you say support .

oh and welcome to the forum its good to see another kiwi ,

where abouts are you anyway

also is there any info on modding the FCG has anyone done it

Edited by random sylvester

1) You're probably best off getting a new FCG. I am fairly sure that the old one won't work without some modifications. If you can do the modifications, then you're good, but it's probably just as easy to get a new one

Thanks for the input AegisDei but if I could get one I would! Im alowed to import one as far as the police are concerned but geting anyone to send it is a bit harder!

So any one know what I would have to do to make the old one work?

random sylvester

im down in chch so a long way from them hills! It is leagle to just run a bit of alloy bar from the base of your pg to your stock and that makes any ak stock A cat-that said I plan to make the whole thing from scratch,think hoge pg with a carbon tube from the back of the recever to a carbon plate with a limbsaver pad on it that loops back to the base of the pg.