Single hook vs Double hook

Okay, what is up with the double hook trigger groups? Is there an actual performance difference over the single hook?

From my understanding, all of the AK100+ series use single hook, so that has me thinking that double hook does not give any significant advantage over single. Not to mention more sear area means more friction to over come.

So, why are the all of the top custom rigs in the US using double hooks?

Okay, what is up with the double hook trigger groups? Is there an actual performance difference over the single hook?

From my understanding, all of the AK100+ series use single hook, so that has me thinking that double hook does not give any significant advantage over single. Not to mention more sear area means more friction to over come.

all my saigas have double hook G2. The trigger pull is much smoother, crisper, and consistant than my bro's WASR and Norinco AK's which I think are single hook.

The way I think of it is that you draw less friction due to the fact that the your pivot angle is straight. Because if you only have a single hook That 1/32" that your trigger/ hook is rotating on the axis pin is rubbing on on the top on one side and on the bottom on the other side.

Sorry if that doesn't seem to make sense, but I'm searching for the best vocabulary to describe.

all my saigas have double hook G2. The trigger pull is much smoother, crisper, and consistant than my bro's WASR and Norinco AK's which I think are single hook.

The way I think of it is that you draw less friction due to the fact that the your pivot angle is straight. Because if you only have a single hook That 1/32" that your trigger/ hook is rotating on the axis pin is rubbing on on the top on one side and on the bottom on the other side.

Sorry if that doesn't seem to make sense, but I'm searching for the best vocabulary to describe.

I have a double hook as well nice and smooth big improvment over stock I haven't felt a g2 single hook so could not help you there + if one is good two has to be better right?

I haven't found much difference in feel between the 2 G2s, the double seem slightly (emphasis on slightly) heavier, the single may be just a slightly rougher, but you really have to shoot one or the other a lot before you can tell.