Romy or yugo FSB & GB

I was thinking of ordering anouther saiga and converting. this time pressing GB FSB off to install a retainer and was wondering if a GB and FSB from a romy or yugo barrel will work as long as I'm pressing things off. I was thinking of just ordering a romy kit for parts and furniture.

yeah

+1

Thanks! good, I think I'll just order a romy kit. For the price I can pull off the parts refinish the furniture and probably sell the trunions and barrel and be much better off then buying the parts individualy.

I assume the recoil spring assembly would work for a spare. do you know if the bolt and carrier would also work I know to check headspace, but I'd just keep them as a possible spare anyway.

yeah

+1

Thanks! good, I think I'll just order a romy kit. For the price I can pull off the parts refinish the furniture and probably sell the trunions and barrel and be much better off then buying the parts individualy.

I assume the recoil spring assembly would work for a spare. do you know if the bolt and carrier would also work I know to check headspace, but I'd just keep them as a possible spare anyway.

The rail tab inside the left side of the receiver is too long inside the Saiga and would need to be trimmed down. Also the romy bolt is a larger diameter one. It could probably be done, but it's a one-way mod.

The recoil spring might work, but the tab on the rear is a little different. You could always use it with the Romy cover or go at it with a dremel.

The Romanian bolt has smaller locking lugs.The Saiga uses longer AK74 style locking lugs.The Romanian gas block is the same diameter but is angled not vertical.This puts the gas port hole in the barrel in a slightly different position as the gas tubes are exactly the same length but the gas blocks are not.The Yugo barrel parts have larger barrel journal diameters.

The Romanian gas block is the same diameter but is angled not vertical.This puts the gas port hole in the barrel in a slightly different position as the gas tubes are exactly the same length but the gas blocks are not..

arn't they both angled (gas blocks)?

The Romanian gas block is the same diameter but is angled not vertical.This puts the gas port hole in the barrel in a slightly different position as the gas tubes are exactly the same length but the gas blocks are not..

arn't they both angled (gas blocks)?

No the Saiga gas block has a 90 degree vertical gas port.The Romanian AK gas port is angled.They both use the same length gas tube and in order for it to fit both designs the gas ports in the barrels are in different locations.If you center the Romanian gas block on the Saiga's barrel gas port the gas tube will not fit.