I want to buy one of these rifles before hunting season,but RSR only has right handed models of the Win ,and they don't carry Browning. They are the same gun

basically. Just wondering if I would be catching brass in the face or if the stock has a cheek rest. I shoot lots of semi-autos with no prob,but I think one of the DPMS rifles kick brass straight back. Still looking for info on the net, thought I would post here too.

Thanks

GB

They are the same gun basically.

that might have something to do with the fact that the owner of Browning is the owner of Winchester, don't you think? probably even made in the same factory.

i can't help you with your question, but i have to point out that "bar" is not a rifle model, but a family of rifles.

They are the same gun basically.

that might have something to do with the fact that the owner of Browning is the owner of Winchester, don't you think? probably even made in the same factory.

i can't help you with your question, but i have to point out that "bar" is not a rifle model, but a family of rifles.

"Don't you think?" Sorry I'm asking the question cause I'm not familiar mother fucker. Your comment was

less than helpful. Not even worth posting. Anyway, if you talked to me in person the way you seem to have typed, you would be picking your fuckin teeth out of the carpet.

so pointing out that your suspicion about the rifles being roughly similar is very likely since they have the same origin, isn't helpful? neither pointing out that your question is incomplete because you're refering to a rifle family & not a single rifle?

yeah, well, whatever... if you hit people in the face for a "don't you think", then you really shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon anyway. a toy shooting Nerf foam missiles would be a little more in your league.

Gunboy, I couldn't agree more. Most of Sua's posts are antagonistic and worthless. I ignore him for the most part, but also guarantee his tone would be much different if we were in person. I don't seek to argue with him but I'd relish a chance to "iron out our differences" in person.

I do agree with you and BRG3, back to a rifle discussion.

Thanks for the back up on this one USpride. As far as my incomplete question, this is the listing at Davidsons guns-" Browning BAR LONGTRAC SA 30-06 LH

which I found under the heading BROWNING BAR. I said they were basically the same,so since you are so educated on the manner,you would think that it would be obvious I was referring to the same guns. On the subject of allowing me to have guns or not. Unfortunately I have a license to carry and do.

I've never shown my pistol,or pointed it at anyone in anger nor do I plan to ever let anyone know I carry unless I feel my life is in danger. I threatened you

with my fists,not a gun. So maybe you could talk to someone about having my hands taken away from me. I am a great guy to deal with, just ask anyone who has bought a gun from me. You just rub me the wrong way. You sound like a bitch, and I responded to you like you were a bitch.

You can respond to this if you want,but this is the last you will hear from me on the matter. Thanks for your insight.

I also agree with BRG3

Back to gun talk.

Edited by gunboy69

to begin with, there are 3 distinct families. Bar, Bar Longtrac and Bar Shorttrac. while roughly the same, they do differ. but more importantly, the Bar's can chamber for .243, .270WSM, 7x64, 7mm, .300WM, .308, 30-06, .338 and 9.3x62. is it presumptuous for me to be quite certain that the chambering (and specific model) will affect the ejection pattern and as such be important info to answer your question?

BAR SHORTTRAC ECLIPSE GOLD, BAR SHORTTRAC NEW ELITE GR.3, BAR LONGTRAC ECLIPSE GOLD and BAR LONGTRAC NEW ELITE GR.3 can come in special lefthand versions. i have no knowledge of others in the Bar family coming in lefthanded versions.

as for the ejection pattern of a standard BAR LONGTRAC 30-06, i'm afraid i can't help you. 30-06 Bar's aren't that common in my circles (simply not much stuff to hunt with that around here and 30-06 Bar's aren't typical rangeguns).

See, now that was informative. Your first reply could have been;"What caliber are you talking about? It could change the ejection pattern." I posted, because I don't know the gun.

So on my lunch break,I googled the win.,and some guy is talking about how the Win. is an

uglier version of the Browning. Thats how I came up with the Browning.

Look SuA, I thought your post was snotty, but maybe its just a cultural difference.(seeing how you're eurotrash and all.) BRG3 was right lets reboot this thread. You should know your Brownings living in Belgium. So anyway be cool, and screw those guns, I'm getting a model 700 cdl 30-06.

MODS can trash this thread.