FTE /FTF Problems on '06 S-20's?

I just bought an '06 manufactured S-20 and havent had a chance to shoot it, but I reading back in the forums and it seems that on some of the old models people had hell with FTE and FTF problems... is this still the case with the newer ones or have they worked out the issues?

I'm pretty sure they haven't been changed. I got good results by substituting a 10 lb 1911 (45 auto) recoil spring for the front of the two recoil springs on the S20. Do that and polish the underside of the hammer (where the bolt slides over it), and you'll be a happy camper.

It still might have some FTE's FTF's initially, but most improve with age. If you get a hold of the 3 in mags, be sure to add the wedges. I just did this and it cured the feed problems I had.

Pretty simple stuff, and inexpensive. I picked up my recoil spring for $7.

Edited by buckandaquarterquarterstaff

The 20g's are more finicky than the 12's. You may need to try lots of different ammo to see what it likes to eat, or tweak the springs, or open up the gas ports, but these problems are surmountable if encountered.