AK74 MAG QUESTION

I now have in my possession 10 AK74 mags, and know about the bullet guide and also the floorplate, and now, I have a question.

In looking at the mags and reading the wealth of information on modifying mags, I am thinking that I would like to modify the latch, as opposed to modifying the mags to fir the latch. With a caliper, you can easily tell that there is a difference in thickness between the current latch opening and the lug thickness. However, IF I do this as I am leaning towards doing, then should i buy a 223 pro-mag or K-var Bulgarian 223 mag, will the mag fit?

I guess what I am asking here is - is the thickness of the Bulgarian AK74 mag lugs the same as the Promag & K-var mag lugs????

Any ideas or input?? Thanks

If you read Dinzag's .223 bullet guide installation manual .223 BG Manual read part 3) Millitary Configuration, it states that with his BG you can use both 5.45 and .223 mags in steel or plastic. He also states the mags may require some tweaking to fit the BG up front, it sounds like a minor change. I hope to do this procedure if I ever track down a 20" model.

If you read Dinzag's .223 bullet guide installation manual .223 BG Manual read part 3) Millitary Configuration, it states that with his BG you can use both 5.45 and .223 mags in steel or plastic. He also states the mags may require some tweaking to fit the BG up front, it sounds like a minor change. I hope to do this procedure if I ever track down a 20" model.

remember however that the 5.45 mags may need alterations to the follower to make them feed right.