Am I the only one who has mags that chew up the back section where the rim of the shell transitions from inside the mag to being pushed forward and upward into position? It hasn't been too many rounds either.

Shells are getting hung up without popping up and forward. Anyone had this problem, and any solutions?

Am I the only one who has mags that chew up the back section where the rim of the shell transitions from inside the mag to being pushed forward and upward into position? It hasn't been too many rounds either.

Shells are getting hung up without popping up and forward. Anyone had this problem, and any solutions?

Is it a 10 round mag or the stock 5 rounder? I had that problem with the 10 round magazine. Some of the damage was coming from the spring and some from the shells. I pulled the spring out and turned it around backwards. It still functions and it has stopped eating it's self.

Edited by madmilo

It's a welded 9 rounder, so maybe I can put the spring in backwards. It does seem more like the rims of the shells are creating the wear however. Sometimes they just stay in the base and don't pop up into place as they should. I've even tried doubling up the springs, and that temporarially makes it better, as far as function, but the wear is that much worse.

Maybe I'll just stick with stockers for the most part.

It's a welded 9 rounder, so maybe I can put the spring in backwards. It does seem more like the rims of the shells are creating the wear however. Sometimes they just stay in the base and don't pop up into place as they should. I've even tried doubling up the springs, and that temporarially makes it better, as far as function, but the wear is that much worse.

Maybe I'll just stick with stockers for the most part.

My trouble was with the 10 round S12's. I just noticed that you were on the s20 section. Sounds like the angle of the bend is too much in your magazine. I believe I saw in one of the other threads that someone use graphite to slow the friction in the magazine. I'll see if I can locate where I saw it.

I have seen that in some of the 3" 5 rounders so I'm not 100% sure it is all the welded mag.

The rim is hanging/sticking at the rear right below the spring clip right?

Try lubing there with graphite. Seems to me it happened to a few brand new mags, maybe just needs breaking in.

Is it possible some of the rims are out of spec or slightly chewed.

Try a couple different brands of ammo & see if you notice a trend.

One other thing to check, possibly not enough spring force with a single mag spring.

Try zip-tying 1 & 1/2 together for some more oomph.

Edited by dinzag