Replacement Fire Control Groups

I plan on installing a new FCG (part of my 922R compliance). The two basic choices I've seen are the G2 (both single and double hook) and the Red Star Arms adjustable trigger group.

A couple of questions:

- What are the advantages (if any) of the double hook over the single hook? How much more work does it take to install (especially on a conversion)? Any additional parts needed?

- Has anyone tried the RSA trigger? They have a big warning on their web site with a picture of a Saiga saying that their trigger won't work. I'm assuming they're talking about a pre-conversion model...I plan to remove the trigger guard and do the necessary mods to install the new FCG.

Any insights/experiences are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

I installed an FSE fcg, had to do a little dremel work on the hammer due to it hitting the support bar, no other problems. The G-2's will require the same dremel work plus some tig welding on the safety lever inorder for it to work safely. I like the G-2's because of the axis bar that goes through the trigger group, makes for easy install, no hassle with the disconnect spring. Double hook, or single? I would go with the single hook, otherwise you will have to cut another slot in your receiver for a double hook to function. Besides, I do not see any advantage to using a double hook anyway. I'm sure that some other folks would disagree, but that my opinion.

Good Luck

I plan on installing a new FCG (part of my 922R compliance). The two basic choices I've seen are the G2 (both single and double hook) and the Red Star Arms adjustable trigger group.

A couple of questions:

- What are the advantages (if any) of the double hook over the single hook? How much more work does it take to install (especially on a conversion)? Any additional parts needed?

- Has anyone tried the RSA trigger? They have a big warning on their web site with a picture of a Saiga saying that their trigger won't work. I'm assuming they're talking about a pre-conversion model...I plan to remove the trigger guard and do the necessary mods to install the new FCG.

Any insights/experiences are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered a G2 single hook tonight from Midway USA. They had them on sale for $30 and their shipping is pretty reasonable compared to some places. I can always send it back if I change my mind (before I take a Dremel to it!)

Jim

... The G-2's will require the same dremel work plus some tig welding on the safety lever inorder for it to work safely. I like the G-2's because of the axis bar that goes through the trigger group, makes for easy install, no hassle with the disconnect spring.....

This is the first I have heard of the Tig wielding. Is this necessary in the S-12 Shotgun?