Just wondering if anyone has seen this:

I know this has been debated over and over but it's got me wondering if our Saiga 7.62's as inaccurate as the AK47 they used in the demo??

This had me pondering a AR purchase for a few moments until I realized a Saiga 308 would be cheaper.

Would a Saiga 308 be as accurate as an AR? Or does that fact that it's an AK platform diminish the accuracy in some way??

Who knows. They did not state anything about the AR15 used or the AK47. If you have a DPMS target quality ($$$$) AR15 against a worn out (it looked heavily used) canted romanian AK47 it aint a fair race. I do know my saiga at that range would not of missed the whole freaking target like they claimed. It is not and was not designed to be a tack driver but that was freaking ridiculous.

Apples and oranges but if the AK was the orange they went out of the way to make it look bad.

First off they should have the same person shooting each gun to determine accuracy. Second, they should fire the guy shooting the AK because if you watch the way he mashes the hell out of the trigger you will quickly determine that the guy does not know what he is doing. Third, don't even get me started on how stupid the idea of what safety position comes first.

They had this thread over on another forum and people started posting groupings at 200 yards that they got with their AKs. I would not stand at 200 yards and let a competent shooter with an AK shoot at me. I would be dead if I did.

First off they should have the same person shooting each gun to determine accuracy. Second, they should fire the guy shooting the AK because if you watch the way he mashes the hell out of the trigger you will quickly determine that the guy does not know what he is doing. Third, don't even get me started on how stupid the idea of what safety position comes first.

They had this thread over on another forum and people started posting groupings at 200 yards that they got with their AKs. I would not stand at 200 yards and let a competent shooter with an AK shoot at me. I would be dead if I did.

I've never shot a AR15\M16 but even the grouping that shooter got seemed bad to me as well.

I've never shot a AR15\M16 but even the grouping that shooter got seemed bad to me as well.

Yeah. Not really sure on how the A1 performs, but a lot of ARs today are capable of .5 to 1.5 MOA easily. That would give you a whopping being 3" group at 200 yards. The guys who posted results of shooting their AKs at 200 yards showed 6" to 8" groups which would be 3 to 4 MOA. Isn't that considered normal for a Saiga around here.

Shit, the Army tried doing that to the M-16 too before Viet Nam (replacing all of the roll pins in it with lengths of paper clip wire to make it look inaccurate), so that would be nothing new. :rolleyes: