Typical lifespan of recoil buffer?

I installed a BJB recoil buffer on my saiga. Its been on for every round fired. I tore it down after putting a little over 200 rounds through it and here is what I found.

post-6390-1182088034_thumb.jpg

This buffer has less than 500 rds on it. Is this typical. The BJB buffer in my SKS has well over 1000 rounds and doesnt even looked touch (and its the same soft materail).

I know the S-12 has a lot more ass than an SKS but I figured I would get at least 1000rds out of it.

Are there any better buffers on the market?

Thanks

AJ

I dident know anything about the gas system on the saiga when I got my first one. The trigger slaped my finger on it when I fire 3in mag because the bolt comes back so fast. Now I understand that the gas needed to be turned down. I cant wait to see what kind of damage that was doing to the gun without a buffer.

I havent had a chance to actualy use the buffers yet but Im sure they should last more than 200rds.

Has anyone used the buffer technology buffer or the tapco buffer? In the picture they seem quite a bit more stout than the BJB but als cost a bit more.

Yo bro,

Good to meet you at the range the yesterday. No I would think there was something defective with the buffer or you've been shooting magnums on the low gas setting. I think I got a blackeye from that slug you let me shoot :chris:

But I would call Randy at Blackjack, send him the pic, and he'd probably send you another one.

Has anyone used the buffer technology buffer or the tapco buffer? In the picture they seem quite a bit more stout than the BJB but als cost a bit more.

Yo bro,

Good to meet you at the range the yesterday. No I would think there was something defective with the buffer or you've been shooting magnums on the low gas setting. I think I got a blackeye from that slug you let me shoot :chris:

But I would call Randy at Blackjack, send him the pic, and he'd probably send you another one.

Thats exactly what I did. Also ordered a buffer technologies buffer to see if that last any longer.