Lower Handguard Retainer

I need experts that already done the conversion on Saiga .223. I need to know the following questions......I know most people will say search the forum or google for answer.

I'm at the point where I need to change the gas tube and put in lower handguard retainer and forend

(1) Where I can buy the lower handguard retainer, forend and how toinstall it? does it fit on the Saiga?

(2) Where I can buy upper handguard and gas tube? does it fit on the Saiga?

(3) After I finished my .223 I plan to do the same for my 762. Does parts in question 1 and 2 is the same parts for 762?

Thanks.

Both .223 & x39 have the exact same barrel diameter at the lower handguard retainer location.

You need a shop press to do the real deal by removing the FSB and gas block. You will also need to notch the barrel for the locking lever on the lower retainer.

If the barrel is not equipped (some are, most aren't) you need to mill the recesses in the sides of the barrel or mill the lugs out of the bore of the retainer.

A regular AK gas tube will fit as well as upper handguard. The gas tube might fit, but most will not without modification.

Lower handguard will fit fine as well.

Shameless pitch... :rolleyes:

If you don't have the know-how or access to remove the blocks, I sell a bolt-on lower retainer & modded gas tubes.

Bolt-On Type:

Great photo! As an FYI (for anyone who has not thought of this yet ;>), this is an excellent way to add to your US-made 'compliance part' count...

;.)