Threading Saiga 308 5/8x24...

I need to have two Saiga .308's (both carbines) threaded for a .30 cal suppressor and the FSB moved back. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to send them or how much to pay? Both guns will need to be threaded 5/8 X 24. I have the guns at a 'smith' right now waiting to be worked on; however, after a waiting a couple of months I'm ready to actually shoot 'em (the guns that is).

I don't want a do it yourself job for a flash hider as I want a professional job done right for a registered suppressor.

Any and all ideas welcome.

TIA

MadDog

I need to have two Saiga .308's (both carbines) threaded for a .30 cal suppressor and the FSB moved back. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to send them or how much to pay? Both guns will need to be threaded 5/8 X 24. I have the guns at a 'smith' right now waiting to be worked on; however, after a waiting a couple of months I'm ready to actually shoot 'em (the guns that is).

I don't want a do it yourself job for a flash hider as I want a professional job done right for a registered suppressor.

Any and all ideas welcome.

TIA

MadDog

Take them apart, have a 'smith push the barrel out of the frames, have the muzzle end of the barrels lathe turned down and threaded for 5/8-24", bore the sight block, have the barrel drilled for new retaining pin locations. Install something like this yhm-3302A.jpg from YHM.

That's probably your best bet. Or, you can do it yourself for way cheap and achieve the exact same results with the mighty dremel! :super: