4-Piece Bulgarian Krinkov flash-hider

Like... why is it made up of four pieces? It is adjustable in some way? Will a bayonet fit on with it in place? How well does it work?

I've done several searches and come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

It's not '4 pieces' you can take apart. It is used as both a flash hider and as a means to induce more back pressure in the short krink barrel.

Why would you want a bayonet on a 10" barrel? No, the bayonet doesn't fit over a "4 piece flash hider".

The '2 piece' Bulgarian AK74 brake starts out life as 2 pieces, but the one piece is pressed into the other piece, and so for all intents and purposes, it's 'one piece'.

Edited by nalioth

nalioth, are you sure about that? I have one that I just bought from Copes for a pistol build. I don't know all the functional aspects, but I can tell you that it has 4 distiinct parts when disassembled. It has a main body, internal cone, screw on end cap, and last, a wire ring clip that locks the end cap in place. I had read on one of the AK pistol forums that it was adjustable, but I can't understand how? To me if you back off the end cap from tight that the cone just fits loose in the body and doesnt look safe? I had originally purchassed it as it's my underrstanding that it will help produce back pressure, and with an 8" barrel I feel I'll need all the help I can get without getting stupid with the gas port hole size, or having to convert to blow back.

I'm interested in any info on these that you guys have to offer up. If interested, I can disassemble and add pics later.

As for the Bayo question, my guess and only guess is no. The thing is fat, as in 1 3/8" dia at the end cap, body a few 16ths smaller.

added old mock up of build with hider for reference

post-1866-1185244564_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
nalioth, are you sure about that?

Probably not, as I get older my brain suffers more CRS

I'm interested in any info on these that you guys have to offer up. If interested, I can disassemble and add pics later.

As for the Bayo question, my guess and only guess is no. The thing is fat, as in 1 3/8" dia at the end cap, body a few 16ths smaller.

Pix would be cool :up:

Intersting stuff. The reason I ask is that it's one of the few muzzle devices threaded for that Romanian FSB with a threaded extension and bayonet lug (I think). I guess I'd wonder why there's a bayonet lug on it if a bayonet won't fit it... and while we're at it: why 24mmx1.5mm LH? (could be wrong about the Left Hand thing)

Thank you for the picture of one on a rifle. They never give you anything to compare against for size.

And yes, I was thinking of putting this on a rifle, but had absolutely no clue as to what this muzzle device was for. More info is always appreciated. Oh, and if I've got anything wrong about all of this: please educate me. I'll love you forever.

I might have lied on the bayo deal? I just took a second look and the lug/cleaning rod guide looks to be just enough to clear (parts are off a Romy G). The other possibility is that they could have made the lug a little linger on the Krink builds (pure speculation, but I'm sure they worked it out-would have been a stupid mistake). If you look at the picture close, I think you can see.