Cheapest Source for Wolf .308?

Yeah, I too have been thinking about investing in reloading....but the brass seems to be the "gotcha", as in where to get it reasonable and even at all. Fortunately I have recently acquired a couple thousand rounds of SA .308 in the battle packs. But since I don't plan on shooting much of it specifically, it doesn't help me for some reasonably priced some plinking ammo. ($$$$)

Both ways, the brass looks just great for reloading. Primers are $20 per thousand, 8 lbs of powder does about 1000 rounds and you can buy 1000 pulled 30-06 bullets for $65. That's about $180 total for 1000 rounds (plus your time) vs the same amount for 500 rounds of steel cased.

But that's with out the brass cost, no? Which even if you have it, it needs to be replaced every 4-6th time you reload it, correct?

I'm in a gun club that has sight ins for the public. We keep the fired brass and then members can bid on it. It's hand sorted and all the crap is removed before it goes up for auction. Almost all of it is only once fired and US made. I typically pay less than 5 cents per case and use it about 5 times. In my bolt gun, with neck sizing only and mild loads, the case life is nearly forever. I only use the saigas once in a while with the brass that doesn't make the cut for the bolt gun. I use my bolt gun a couple times a week.

For me, that means the brass cost is no big deal since $100 sets me up with about 5 years worth of brass. Also, find a lot of it laying around after the cops are done renting the range (they don't reload and aren't real good about cleaning up their brass that doesn't land on the concrete areas). Suppose if I had to estimate, it might add another $10 per thousand rounds for the brass that I buy. A thousand rounds lasts me a good while, so I really don't consider the expense much.