AUGUST NCRR SHOTGUN MATCH

I was expecting the shotgun match to be the following weekend but just checked the clubs website and it's the 11th,

http://www.ncrr.net/calendar/html/nc08112007.htm

So if your in or near the Tide Water area of Virginia come on out and shoot or just hang out with TEAM SAIGA

Match fee 20.00 bucks and bring a lot of ammo, due to range restrictions, ammo must be 7 /12 or smaller shot.

pix from last August http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/PhotoAlbums/shotg...26_S/index.html

Edited by topmaul

Topmaul,

Thanks for the heads up. I also thought the match was on the 18 but the 11th it is!

I will be there and cant wait to put Ivan through his paces. The May Shotfun match was as much fun as you could have with a Saiga and your clothes on. Cant wait to shoot with you and da boyz again! B)

I'm supposed to get into Richmond at midnight the night before, so I'm iffy on this one. A delayed plane or bad weather and I'm definitely out. To top it all off, my saiga is in the mail, and may not get to me in time for a test drive before that match. I suspect it will run fine, but don't like to chance these things after the buzzer goes off :)

Any idea on round count yet, or will that be unknown till it is set up?

John,

I don't think I'll be able to make this one either (Damn, thats two in a row). I supposed to take the wife and daughter on an overnight trip out of town. I'm pretty sure I can't convince the wife that out of town is Norfolk County. Good news is I got the last round bolt hold working for the CTI 3-Gun. Took some tweaking and realized during the match that the Saiga-12 will now only use those dedicated mags.

Kenneth,

I still owe you for two mags! Will you be able to make Dominion this monday night?

Edited by Ronswin

At least 100 rounds, it will be the normal 4 or 5 stages. Crap, Ron I need to get that check in the mail to Jeric, do modified mags work in non-modifed guns, I usually let people use my mags.

John,

I don't think I'll be able to make this one either (Damn, thats two in a row). I supposed to take the wife and daughter on an overnight trip out of town. I'm pretty sure I can't convince the wife that out of town is Norfolk County. Good news is I got the last round bolt hold working for the CTI 3-Gun. Took some tweaking and realized during the match that the Saiga-12 will now only use those dedicated mags.

Kenneth,

I still owe you for two mags! Will you be able to make Dominion this monday night?

Ron, I'll be in Chicago ...

As interest, I'm going to have to have a turn with your shotgun, you may inspire me to get mine done yet ... :)

I'll be shooting somewhere Saturday, just haven't decided where yet :)

Ron,

Tell us about the CTI match

Well, I think economics will keep me home next weekend.

NCRR -

$20 fee

$25 ammo

$21 gas

3.5 hours travel time

and will shoot 125rds 12 ga

BC

$ fee (I'll SO and MD the sidematch)

$45 ammo

$10 gas

1 hour travel time

1 hour tear stage teardown

and will get to shoot up ~150 pistol rounds and ~60 12ga and ~60 20ga (the joys of running the match)

This is assuming they don't come back and say "it's too hot for a side match" .... If they do that, my plans will change!

But I'll be the first to admit that my sidematch will pale in comparison to what yall do in Norfolk .... :)

I couldn't do it this time, but do you think they'd allow me to come out on Friday, help set up the match, then shoot it? Sometimes my schedule is better like that.

Ron,

Tell us about the CTI match

The CTI was awesome! Not quite as hot and humid as last year (thank God!) and the rain didn't show up as bad again. It did not have select slug drills like last time and there was a couple of stages that were actually "Saiga friendly". Several "Texas stars" and the reactive target plates were heavy a very light shot resistant. There were at least three plate racks with about eight to ten triangles and half moons about the size of a beer can that you had to clear with pistol (very tough). The match had divisions like IDPA & USPSA so using a Saiga puts you into "Open" class. The prize table had guns and AR-15 uppers as top division prizes and everyone gets to choose something from the prizes in the order they placed. I can't wait for next year's CTI providing the range owner allows it.

That is it I will be at the Recon Match, maybe we can have a large Team Saiga group there and squad together

John I will be back for Blacwater, but I will be in Hawaii for the 11!!!!I shot a match at NCRR this wednesday!! it was a last minute decision!! or i would have called you.

Ask kevin if he need my tromix for the 11!!! I am putting a polichoke on this weekend.

See you soon

G.

That is it I will be at the Recon Match, maybe we can have a large Team Saiga group there and squad together

John, you and Eric squad with us. On the application note in one corner "squad with B. Davis" and we will do a "Team Saiga" event. Get the LRBHO kit from Jeric and you will shave half the time off a mag change during a shotgun stage. It does take a little fortitude to take a dremel cutter bit to the 10 round magazines and the Saiga, but it is worth it in the long run. Expect a little tweaking and tuning to get it perfect.

Ron,

I plan to buy 2 Jeric, LRBHO devices as soon as funds allow, I had a major blow out on the highway on Sunday, which required the funds I had intended for the LRBHO devices. I wanted to get two of the mag release extensions as well.

Regarding the Recon match may have to use my AR on that one 300 yards is a long way for my Saiga x39. Hope they don't have many targets out there.

Hope you and Kenneth can find a way to get to the match on Saturday. I'd really like to hear the details on the CTI match.

Edited by topmaul

Are there any age requirements or limitations for the blackwater match? I'm only 20 so I don't own a pistol. Would they still let me shoot in the competition with no guardian.

For some reason most places are wierd about the legal guardian or parent thing. I've been married and owned my own house since I was 18 and have no family within 500 miles of me.

I shot the match today, came in 3rd, just was not shooting my best, I guess I was just a bit sluggish. Well at anyrate the Cear Saiga Magazine from AGP worked great no problems, once more all my APG mags ran great, Eric was up way too late last night and he ended up 5th I over all I think. JonnyGun was there and his Saiga 12 and his AGP mags all ran fine.

On one stage during the match Eric had that best score of the day, we were loading 10+1 in the AGP mags Eric had the clear one and was shooting, he glanced at the side, saw that he had 3 rounds left so he fired two more and swiched to a fresh magazine.

Edited by topmaul