Tig welding in a bulgarian trigger guard

I am doing a conversion on a saiga 12 and was planning on having a bulgarian trigger guard tig welded instead of using rivets. I seen that the trigger guards on the Tromix conversions are tig welded.

Is there any reason why this might not be a good idea for my conversion?

I never worked with rivets so this seems like a good alternative.

I am doing a conversion on a saiga 12 and was planning on having a bulgarian trigger guard tig welded instead of using rivets. I seen that the trigger guards on the Tromix conversions are tig welded.

The drawbacks to welding are minor, like the potential for the weld to crack and for the heat of welding to alter the hardness or whatever heat treatment the surrounding metal has. But for a trigger guard, these are not big worries. The benefit of rivetting is that it is more authentic, and the fact that a rivetted connection has some 'give' to it and perhaps more longevity when subjected to shock, flex and other stresses.

When I put mine on, I bought the Tapco AK Screw set. It was a little difficult to get them started, but they should be stronger than welding unless you are globbing it on both sides. I went this route because it was easier for me and they look good because the the holes are covered to look almost like standard rivets.