WTB Tapco Saiga Galil Style Handguard complete

I'm looking for a complete, black "Tapco Saiga Galil Style Handguard" for the 7.62x39. I'm willing to pay $55.00 shipped. I'm not really interested in the add-on rails. Used in good or better condition is fine. Please PM me! Midwest Armory was my last hope for getting one new, on the cheap.

Thanks!

OK, how about someone just offer 1 up and we'll discuss?

(I wish I could edit the title and description!!!)

Edited by Ax-Man
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for a complete, black "Tapco Saiga Galil Style Handguard" for the 7.62x39. I'm willing to pay $55.00 shipped. I'm not really interested in the add-on rails. Used in good or better condition is fine. Please PM me! Midwest Armory was my last hope for getting one new, on the cheap.

Thanks!

Just order from BlackJackBuffers.com they have them in stock for pretty damn cheap, just ordered the one with the rails for 49 dollars, I think the regular one they have is 39 or so.

No Cobra, it was for a 7.62x39. I got tired of waiting and bought one from BlackJack Buffers (~$68.00 delivered). I installed it tonight and am now wondering what to do w/ the long pin used to retain the now-removed stock Saiga handguard.

Thanks!

Just order from BlackJackBuffers.com they have them in stock for pretty damn cheap, just ordered the one with the rails for 49 dollars, I think the regular one they have is 39 or so.

Hey Segfault,

The $39.00 and $49.00 ones don't include the "cool-but-not-as-cool-as-the-one-that-Dinzag-makes" front mount. The one that includes the front mount is on sale for $53.95 (the one I bought). I wish I had the time and tools to do it the "right" way and remove the FSB and GB and notch the barrel. Maybe I'll do it in the future; for now - this is OK. Plus, I can use the Tapco mount to mount other handguards (and it was still cheaper than Dinzag's solution (although I like his better!)).

No Cobra, it was for a 7.62x39. I got tired of waiting and bought one from BlackJack Buffers (~$68.00 delivered). I installed it tonight and am now wondering what to do w/ the long pin used to retain the now-removed stock Saiga handguard.

Man you got yours quick, I guess I should have just paid for overnight instead of second day air lol. :) Don't get mine until tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hey Segfault,

The $39.00 and $49.00 ones don't include the "cool-but-not-as-cool-as-the-one-that-Dinzag-makes" front mount. The one that includes the front mount is on sale for $53.95 (the one I bought). I wish I had the time and tools to do it the "right" way and remove the FSB and GB and notch the barrel. Maybe I'll do it in the future; for now - this is OK. Plus, I can use the Tapco mount to mount other handguards (and it was still cheaper than Dinzag's solution (although I like his better!)).

Ah, didn't know that what you were looking for. :) I just ordered the one with the rails, and am waiting on the front mount from Dinzag :)

I couldn't afford $75.00 for the mount and then another $40.00+ for the actual handguard. One of these days I'll find someone here in San Antonio that has the tools and I'll go for it. For right now, this looks and feels great. I really like the feel of the Tapco handguard.

I couldn't afford $75.00 for the mount and then another $40.00+ for the actual handguard. One of these days I'll find someone here in San Antonio that has the tools and I'll go for it. For right now, this looks and feels great. I really like the feel of the Tapco handguard.

Cool stuff :) Hope I don't get the hand guard tomorrow and get dissapointed with the cheap rails. Ah well. :)

On my x39 I just used a dremel cutoff wheel to trim the long pin back, flush with the sides of the GB. Now it just looks like a regular GB pin.

If you want to add the three rails, check out JSE Surplus - they have the rail kit (the TAPCO version) for $9 + S/H. (Go to page 2 of the AK 47 parts -- it's listed as the AK 47 Tri Rail Handguard Kit). I bought one and it's the same thing.

Jim