Spray on bedliner as a finish?

I recently had an idea about how to refinish some free float handguards for my FAL. I got them in used condition and they had some light finish wear in small areas. I applied some aluma-black and they looked almost new again.

Later that night I was in wally world in the automotive section and saw some spray on bedliner. It had a glossy finish but the instructions read that it was fully cured in 24 hours, and then the treated area could be used. I thought that it may work well as a non slip surface for the FF hg's. I got a can, and a can of charcoal grey automotive spray on primer.

I went home and thouroughly cleaned the hg's and applied a light coat of primer. I allowed it to dry and applied the bedliner as the instructions read ( The 30" away part is VERY important for even surface granulation). After it dried I applied a coat of the primer over the bedliner (I loved the flat charcoal color), and I must say it looks great. I'm waiting for my FAL to return within the next month from a smith who's cutting the barrel and threading it for a phantom fh. When I get it back I'll install the hg's and post a pic.

The texture is not much different than the SAI texturized finish on their factory M1A stocks. It's bedliner so it should be somewhat durable, and if any scratches do occur I spent less than $20 in supplies. I also have enough left to do about 3 more.

What do you guys think about this? Can you think of any reason that I may have messeed up an otherwise perfectly good pair of FF HG's or does it sound like a pretty good idea?