Compliance and gas tubes

Yet another Saiga compliance issue. I don't see the gas tube listed as a separate item. If I use a US-Made gas tube it doesn't count as a US-Made part?

Nope, not on the countable parts list. If you have a gas tube from any country and cover it with US-made furniture including having the lower handguard, then you have one US-made part for 922r compliance.

And, welcome to the forum!

Edited by tritium
  • 2 weeks later...
Yet another Saiga compliance issue. I don't see the gas tube listed as a separate item. If I use a US-Made gas tube it doesn't count as a US-Made part?

Nope, not on the countable parts list. If you have a gas tube from any country and cover it with US-made furniture including having the lower handguard, then you have one US-made part for 922r compliance.

What?! That is not correct. Look here for the list of parts that can be swapped out for compliance.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=16010

What?! That is not correct. Look here for the list of parts that can be swapped out for compliance.

The gas tube is not listed in the countable parts. The gas piston is. I stand by my previous statement.

No, it IS correct. The actual gas tube can be from anywhere. The plastic or wood covering is the countable part and has to be US made (along with the lower handguard) to count as a US made part.

Below pic shows gas tube on bottom (can be from any country) and wood gas tube hand guard on top (must be US made if lower handguard is US made for 922r compliance)

gt6tf6.gif