Standard Saiga 109 Questions

I order a Saiga 109 12 gauge and Its at Tonys. I was reading the advertisement on this shotgun and it says it comes standard with an "external Choke" and "standard sights. Can anyone give a little me detail on these two items that come with the gun.

Are these sights "ok" to use or are they really poor?

Is the choke good or should I remove it?(the barrel is the 19inch lenth)

Thanks again everyone

Ken

The standard sight is the dovetail on the rear sight block. It would work better with a front sight block also. External choke means that the bore is cylinder and chokes are added by screwing them onto the end of the barrel. All that's on there now is a thread protector nut.

The standard sight is the dovetail on the rear sight block. It would work better with a front sight block also. External choke means that the bore is cylinder and chokes are added by screwing them onto the end of the barrel. All that's on there now is a thread protector nut.

THANKS VERY MUCH I APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK

THANKS VERY MUCH I APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK

Where is the best place to get chokes for the IZ-109?

[Where is the best place to get chokes for the IZ-109?

Try Gilberts Guns and maybe Stanley's Pro Shop. They are also available from Rusmilitary.com in England but at a higher cost.

Regarding Rusmilitary-

Remember they use British pounds and basically that's twice what the US dollar is worth.The half and full choke tubes are $78.00 US plus shipping from there.Items usually arrives in about a week to the US,on the east coast anyway.

Edited by Kalash