New member, I want a Saiga 12!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been in the Ak community for a while now building AKs and generally having fun. I have been wanting a Saiga 12 now for a while.

My local gun shop had one in stock on the shelf about 3 weeks ago during the short time period when I had NO gun money. I saw it, I held it, I fondled it and I fell in love.

I then got my gun money the other day and go back and sure enough, long gone.

I then asked about getting another one, the owner said "almost impossible, i can take a refundable deposit but no guarantees on when it will arrive if ever". So I gave him 100 dollar deposit but I would love to find one now and just pay the shipping and the FFL fee (20 dollars for me).

Any ideas on where I can get a plain jane Saiga 12 (I don't want one all converted and optioned out, I will do the conversion myself since I have enough spare parts and compliance parts to be able to do it myself).

Also is there really some company that is making a 20 round drum for the saiga 12?

Found the links to the drum. Looks very inviting. Price seems to be very reasonable.

What are the chances of the ATF ever declaring the drum a DD? Would we be grandfathered in?

Any links to Gilberts Guns by any chance?

Hi Everyone,

I have been in the Ak community for a while now building AKs and generally having fun. I have been wanting a Saiga 12 now for a while.

My local gun shop had one in stock on the shelf about 3 weeks ago during the short time period when I had NO gun money. I saw it, I held it, I fondled it and I fell in love.

I then got my gun money the other day and go back and sure enough, long gone.

I then asked about getting another one, the owner said "almost impossible, i can take a refundable deposit but no guarantees on when it will arrive if ever". So I gave him 100 dollar deposit but I would love to find one now and just pay the shipping and the FFL fee (20 dollars for me).

Any ideas on where I can get a plain jane Saiga 12 (I don't want one all converted and optioned out, I will do the conversion myself since I have enough spare parts and compliance parts to be able to do it myself).

Also is there really some company that is making a 20 round drum for the saiga 12?

Gilbert's Guns should have them.They also have a 60-day lay-a-way to if you need it.From past experiance,they're great to deal with also.

Found the links to the drum. Looks very inviting. Price seems to be very reasonable.

What are the chances of the ATF ever declaring the drum a DD? Would we be grandfathered in?

Any links to Gilberts Guns by any chance?

Here is the Gilberts link: https://www.gilbertsguns.com/Shotguns/Saiga...9+Barrel+IZ-109

The ATF can do whatever they want whenever they want. Ain't gonna worry about it right now. Aspects of this topic are hashed out in the long thread about the drums. There is also another drum coming out by the way: http://www.wraithmaker.com/

Thanks for the links!! I shall have to give them a call tomorrow. I wonder how much shipping might be.

Bought one maybe a month ago and shipping was $20.

I bought one two weeks ago from them.$20.00 for shipping.

FYI,if you pay with a CC,they will add 3% to the entire amount.Paying with a CC,my total with shipping was $473.50.

Now is this one from Gilberts Guns the desirable one? The one with the options that most people desire?

I don't know anything about the different types of Saiga 12s, didn't even know that there was more than one model.

Now is this one from Gilberts Guns the desirable one? The one with the options that most people desire?

I don't know anything about the different types of Saiga 12s, didn't even know that there was more than one model.

Yes.The model number is IZ-109.It has a 19" threaded barrel,BHO and standard pistol-type sights.

I bought my Saiga-12 at a gun show a few months ago. It was a fairly large show and two or three dealers were selling Saigas, but only one was selling any Saiga-12s. I picked one up NIB for about $420.

I've never seen one in a gun shop. My neighbor gave me a copy of Shotgun News and I only saw one tiny ad advertising any sort of Saigas for sale.