I've seen a lot of different sights here so far.

Mainly it seems to be either an AK or HK sight.

I am more comfortable with HK sights, but the AK sights seem to be closer to the bore(possibly more accurate).

The AK front sight seems like it may be better for precise shooting.

Does anyone here have any comments?

Can you use the ultimak rail with both sights?

I'd like to be able to duck hunt with my S-12 when I'm all done.

I like the AK sights better. After all it is an AK we are working with here. Yes I think besides looking better on the gun IMO, they are indeed more precise. They have a longer sight plane and the front sight is more precise and adjustable. With some work you can put a real AK rear sight on to match. Krebs Custom offers a really nice set of AK style sights that come with a rear ghost ring and a smaller insert to give you a peep sight.

I don't think the ultimak rail is usable with any iron sights (except maybe AR style flip up sights you can mount to it, which are too tall IMO)

I can make you a similar rail that WILL work with aftermarket sights like the Krebs or the Russian clamp on sights. I'll try and get a pic up here soon. :smoke:

Those look purdy cool! I just checked one of my AKs and my Russian 12 ga front sight and the adjustable barrel of the Russian sight looks to be about the same as a regular AK one so that X/S may work with it. Of course, to use that rear leaf sight you would have to have an AK RSB on there. I'm going to take some pics of my rail mounted with the Krebs and post them.

RSB??

The other option for fixed sights; I saw the Glock rear sight you installed. X/S makes a pistol sight for Glocks that would work well for fixed sights. I think I would prefer an adjustable. I'd like to be able to mark the POI for 100, 150 and maybe 200 yards for slugs.

What is an RSB?

Would there be a way to attach the rear sight to the back of the rail.......?

RSB??

The other option for fixed sights; I saw the Glock rear sight you installed. X/S makes a pistol sight for Glocks that would work well for fixed sights. I think I would prefer an adjustable. I'd like to be able to mark the POI for 100, 150 and maybe 200 yards for slugs.

What is an RSB?

Would there be a way to attach the rear sight to the back of the rail.......?

RSB = Rear Sight Block....McCumber what happened to that glossary???

It's the part that the leaf sight fits into and hinges on.

I'm posting some pics of that new rail design in my original thread on the subject. I'll have them up shortly...

I'm posting some pics of that new rail design in my original thread on the subject. I'll have them up shortly...

Rear sight block, I thought so, but wasn't sure.

I'm a little new to the sight and didn't know about a glossary, I'll try to look around more.

I saw some of the pictures.

It looks exciting.

Thanks again.

Rear sight block, I thought so, but wasn't sure.

I'm a little new to the sight and didn't know about a glossary, I'll try to look around more.

I saw some of the pictures.

It looks exciting.

Thanks again.

Sorry man still trying to get those new pics taken and uploaded.

There is no glossary..YET. That was something one of our members (McCumber) was talking about putting together once....