EAA 30 round mags are in!!!!!!!

I was trying to decide if I should go with a .223 Saiga or a 5.45x39 VEPR K and this just decided it. I'd rather use cheap 5.45 magazines that won't require me to experiment with different feedramps in a .223 Saiga. I didn't have any trouble installing my 7.62x39 feedramp, but it sound like the Saiga .223 is much harder to "tune" just right.

its not mission impossible its do able if you are patient. it can be done with pipe just you cannot be as sloppy as you can with 7.62x39.

$39 screw that. will stick with ak74 mags at $4.25 to $8.99 and 20 Robarm followers for $100-$110 which makes 223 work great.

AK74 ammo is not widely availible as 223/5.56 why I went with saiga 223 is it a pain yes. beats scrounging for ammo in long run.

I have only spent $10 per mag plus I get a US part in the process.

more 223 rifles for me :haha:

Edited by mrapathy2000

yes otherwise the saiga rifle could wind up banned. which really sucks because its the best deal for $200-$250 and converting to US parts.

non pistol grip version only needs 4 US parts.

gas piston,disconnector,hammer,magazine follower,magazine floor plate.

not sure where you would find 223 follower or floorplate though 7.62x39 version should be able to get follower working atleast.

Edited by mrapathy2000

US parts are not needed, otherwise they wouldn't be importing them. The fact that the gun can accept hicaps without modification is the same as using one. It is one in the same when it comes to importing a firearm, otherwise WASRs would be imported with the magwells already widened for double-stack mags, yet sold with a 10rnder.

• 1 month later...

Here's what I got from EAA today about the 30-round Saiga .223 mags....."the 223

mags will be at least 90 days because of a tooling problem".....I placed an order to find out they are on backorder, yay! Side note, they are out of S12 5-rounders and have no intention to offer the 8. "The 12ga mags I should hopefully see in about 3 weeks..."

They are also currently out of S12 choke tubes--they are on order, whatever that means.