My dream .308 Saiga...

OK, your accuracy requirements are a bit of concern. With AKs, it's hit or miss, the Saiga .308s typically shoot 1-2MOA with most falling in between. It should get you close to your requirement.

Trigger pull... PG conversion, nuff said. Buy a Tapco G2 or Red Star Arms FCG (latter is adjustable and best of all AK FCGs) and install. You'll be right where you want be.

Wood stock? No problem! Wood stocks for AKs exist almost everywhere. If your worried about parts count, Ironwood Designs sells US made walnut and laminate kits, you finish them. To use the lower and upper handguards you'll have to find a way to get a front lower retainer on the barrel. The upper handguard can be fitted by installing an AK-74 gas tube from K-var that already has the retainers.

Saigas have integral side rails for scope mounts. If you're looking for a scout configuration, the Ultimak is the only way to go. It replaces the gas tube with one containing a picatinny rail.

Hicaps (20rnd) are now available for Saiga .308s, just be prepared to cough up $35-45 each.

I think, I'm not sure, but I think that the SAR-3 hammer is the one to use with the Saiga 308. Note that though these different options are offered, you can convert them yourself. So if you're comfortable countouring it with a Dremel to match the original hammer, the 7.62 will work.

Edited by BattleRifleG3